Different LCDs and PC Monitor Differ Colors

  • sirtsclan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2012
      I found a differences exist between the displays of laptop LCD, Desktop LCD and the PC monitor (where the graphics not only looked better but printed as seen on color laser).

      Gary
      ____________

      -- In cdug@yahoogroups.com, "sirtsclan" <sirtsclan@...> wrote:

      Different LCDs and PC Monitor Differ Colors

      I've been using a laptop these past two weeks to access the forum and am shocked at the color variations between the Desktop and laptop LCDs.

      Normally, I enhance graphics on an old-fashioned PC monitor and they look great there. On the laptop the gold looks like brass and on the desktop the scrolls look yellow. Too wild!

      Gary
    • Erin Fujioka
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2012
        Generally there's variations between *everyone's* monitors, workstation, laptop, or otherwise. Waaaay, way back before I had kids, I worked a little bit in the visual effects industry, and there would be regular monitor color calibrations done with a specialized tool.

        Then you add in the variations due to the everyone's printers, and you can see why professionals take great pains to calibrate everything for color correctness.

        I use the Promethean board when I go and volunteer in classrooms, and sometimes the color comes out so differently (excess sunlight in the classroom doesn't help either). We do the best we can with what we have!

        -erin