Re: Valentine day art/crafts ideas

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 4 1:32 AM
      There is a Valentine's Day on IAD that has links to arts and crafts ideas for that day: http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/valentines.html

      Ken

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Violet Angelov <violet.angelov@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am looking for art/crafts ideas for Valentines day (kindergarten). This one looks cute http://www.allcrafts.net/fjs.htm?url=ordinarylifemagic.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F01%2Fvalentines-for-birds.html. Any suggestions?
      >
      > Thank you!
      >
      > Violet

    • The Ericksons
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 4 7:35 AM

        My favorite thing to do with kinders is teach them how to cut hearts on the fold.   I show them how to fold the paper and then lay it in front of them like a book.   Then we use pencils to draw a half heart on the fold.  I demonstrate on the board.   This takes lots of practice but they can do it and then they learn to cut it out.   After about 20 min. of this I take away the pencils and have them visualize the heart and cut it out without drawing it first.  I give lots of reassurance and tell them if they mess up it is ok and that we have lots of paper.     I usually have about 2 in each class that I end up returning the pencil to as they have to have the visual but they rest “get it” and they are so proud when they master it.    They carefully gather up all their hearts and take them home.     Why teach a craft when you can teach a life-time skill?

        Cindy

        I am looking for art/crafts ideas for Valentines day (kindergarten). This one looks cute http://www.allcrafts.net/fjs.htm?url=ordinarylifemagic.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F01%2Fvalentines-for-birds.html. Any suggestions?

        Thank you!

        Violet

      • Violet Angelov
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 4 11:56 AM
          Thank you Ken and Cindy! Wonderful resources!

          Warmly,
          Violet

[...]

        • Denise Pannell
          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 5 7:55 AM

            Hi!

            I have some ideas on my blog:

            http://mrspicassosartroom.blogspot.com/search/label/Valentine%27s%20Day

            Hope that helps!

            Denise

            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 6 5:52 AM
              Hi,

              Just for your information.
              In India most schools and colleges have separate institutions for girls and boys.There are only few schools and colleges in Mumbai and Delhi ( considered progressive cities) where there are co-educational institutions.Valentine'sday is a big NO No in our cities because the older generation think that it encourages marketing companies to promote their products on the younger generation....thus polluting young minds.!!

              It for this reason that, when they graduate..... these young girls and boys still  believe in the arranged marriage system where the parents consult the priest and read horoscopes of the brides and grooms to-be before they meet the parents.They look into the family background and then "allow"the girl and boy to meet each other before the alliance is finalised by the parents at an engagement ceremony.Till the late 90"s the dowry system was prevalent now it has been banned by the law.

              In Mumbai and Delhi the younger generation rebel against their parents by sending Valentines Day cards.

              It is wonderful to see that teachers are teaching school children to create heart shaped images .Here the teacher would loose her job!!

              Happy Valentines day celebrations to all of you.Please let me know if there is a story behind Valentine's Day celebration and the significance of this day...so I can try telling my students about it.

              Kamla
              Chennai,India.
            • aliteachesart
              Message 6 of 28 , Feb 7 10:33 AM
                Last year we did the cutest books at stations. Students learned how to draw a heart (I showed them a few ways) then moved around to centers to collage, draw, texture plates, fold and cut, and print thumbprints to make heart people a'la Ed Emberly. All of the papers were 4.5X6" so when finished kids can double hole punch (or staple)and write Heart Art on the front. They were able to make and take the books home to "read" to their families. Ali B

                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Violet Angelov <violet.angelov@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I am looking for art/crafts ideas for Valentines day (kindergarten). This one looks cute http://www.allcrafts.net/fjs.htm?url=ordinarylifemagic.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F01%2Fvalentines-for-birds.html. Any suggestions?
                >
                > Thank you!
                >
                > Violet

              • Ken
                Message 7 of 28 , Feb 8 1:31 AM
                  There is a history of Valentine's Day on IAD. Go to http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/valentines.html

                  Ken

                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, kamla ravikumar <kamla_rk@...> wrote:

                  Please let me know if there is a story behind Valentine's Day celebration and the significance of this day...so I can try telling my students about it.

                  > Kamla
                  > Chennai,India.

                • Ken
                  Message 8 of 28 , Aug 20, 2013
                    A few years ago I asked if any members of this list group wanted to share any websites or blogs they have of themselves or their work. I got a pretty good response. Because we've grown almost another thousand members since then, I am asking again if members want to share your URL's for inclusion on the list's community page at http://www.incredibleart.org/aeai/unblock.html

                    Because I think other members would enjoy seeing your websites, I won't ask for you to send a personal message to me. Rather simply respond to this e-mail directly to the group.

                    Ken Rohrer
                    Incredible Art Department
                  • bszechy
                    Message 9 of 28 , Aug 20, 2013
                      International Artist Residencies in Budapest 2014The HMC based in Dallas, TX and Budapest, Hungary - is an artist run, non-profit, multi-disciplinary arts organization.
                      http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com/id97.html

                      > A few years ago I asked if any members of this list group wanted to share any websites or blogs they have of themselves or their work. I got a pretty good response. Because we've grown almost another thousand members since then, I am asking again if members want to share your URL's for inclusion on the list's community page at http://www.incredibleart.org/aeai/unblock.html
                      >
                      > Because I think other members would enjoy seeing your websites, I won't ask for you to send a personal message to me. Rather simply respond to this e-mail directly to the group.
                      >
                      > Ken Rohrer
                      > Incredible Art Department

                    • brenda robson

                        Message 11 of 28 , Aug 20, 2013
                          my new web site is actually a facebook page! see the link below- this is where I have my paintings, digital photography and also my NEW jewelry line called "Lake MI~ unsalted"!
                          enjoy and feel free to pass the link around, I could use the business!!

                          Jeanette Locher

                        • Connie
                          Message 12 of 28 , Aug 20, 2013
                          • Larry Seiler
                            Message 13 of 28 , Aug 20, 2013
                              http://larry-seiler.fineartamerica.com/
                              artist's website- http://larryseiler.com
                              my art blog- http://larryseiler.blogspot.com

                              my sites, thanks...

                              Larry Seiler
                            • Ken
                              Message 14 of 28 , Aug 21, 2013
                                Brenda,

                                I'm working on that section right now so I'll update it in the coming week. Thanks for letting me know. Do you have a web page?

                                Ken

                                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, brenda robson <bruthrobson@...> wrote:

                                > I have changed jobs and am now teaching High school at Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano TX if you have time to update mine :)
                                > Brenda robson's art room
                                > Thanks Ken!
                                >

                                > On Aug 20, 2013, at 3:24 AM, "Ken" <kenroar@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > A few years ago I asked if any members of this list group wanted to share any websites or blogs they have of themselves or their work. I got a pretty good response. Because we've grown almost another thousand members since then, I am asking again if members want to share your URL's for inclusion on the list's community page at http://www.incredibleart.org/aeai/unblock.html
                                > >
                                > > Because I think other members would enjoy seeing your websites, I won't ask for you to send a personal message to me. Rather simply respond to this e-mail directly to the group.
                                > >
                                > > Ken Rohrer
                                > > Incredible Art Department

                              • brenda robson
                                Message 15 of 28 , Aug 21, 2013
                                  thanks Ken!

                                  On Aug 21, 2013, at 4:44 AM, "Ken" <kenroar@...> wrote:

                                  Brenda,

                                  I'm working on that section right now so I'll update it in the coming week. Thanks for letting me know. Do you have a web page?

                                  Ken

                                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, brenda robson <bruthrobson@...> wrote:

                                  > I have changed jobs and am now teaching High school at Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano TX if you have time to update mine :)
                                  > Brenda robson's art room
                                  > Thanks Ken!
                                  >

                                  > On Aug 20, 2013, at 3:24 AM, "Ken" <kenroar@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > A few years ago I asked if any members of this list group wanted to share any websites or blogs they have of themselves or their work. I got a pretty good response. Because we've grown almost another thousand members since then, I am asking again if members want to share your URL's for inclusion on the list's community page at http://www.incredibleart.org/aeai/unblock.html
                                  > >
                                  > > Because I think other members would enjoy seeing your websites, I won't ask for you to send a personal message to me. Rather simply respond to this e-mail directly to the group.
                                  > >
                                  > > Ken Rohrer
                                  > > Incredible Art Department

                                • maymaysherina
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Aug 21, 2013
                                    artworksgalore@... or
                                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/artworksgalore/
                                    please PM me if you want to be a member
                                    Thanks!
                                  • kamla ravikumar
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Aug 21, 2013
                                      I have been teaching Art & Craft to women & children in my studio.
                                      The link to my website is http://www.kamlaravikumar.com/

                                      Kamla
                                      Chennai,India.
                                    • puttly4
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Aug 22, 2013
                                        dputnamart.com artist website
                                        http://www.artsonia.com/schools/school.asp?id=117514 school website

                                        Thanks Ken

                                        Deb Putnam

                                        > A few years ago I asked if any members of this list group wanted to share any websites or blogs they have of themselves or their work. I got a pretty good response. Because we've grown almost another thousand members since then, I am asking again if members want to share your URL's for inclusion on the list's community page at http://www.incredibleart.org/aeai/unblock.html
                                        >
                                        > Because I think other members would enjoy seeing your websites, I won't ask for you to send a personal message to me. Rather simply respond to this e-mail directly to the group.
                                        >
                                        > Ken Rohrer
                                        > Incredible Art Department

                                      • Beth Bachuss
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Aug 22, 2013
                                          I haven't updated over the summer, but it is on my to-do-list:  http://teachingartinalabama.blogspot.com

                                          Thanks!
                                          Beth

                                          --------------------------
                                          I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.  ~ Pablo Picasso

                                          Beth Bachuss
                                          AP Art History, Art I, Art II,
                                          Ceramics, Animation
                                          Austin High School
                                          Decatur, AL
                                        • kierendutcher
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Aug 26, 2013
                                            thanks,yes
                                            www.kierendutcher.com

                                            > A few years ago I asked if any members of this list group wanted to share any websites or blogs they have of themselves or their work. I got a pretty good response. Because we've grown almost another thousand members since then, I am asking again if members want to share your URL's for inclusion on the list's community page at http://www.incredibleart.org/aeai/unblock.html
                                            >
                                            > Because I think other members would enjoy seeing your websites, I won't ask for you to send a personal message to me. Rather simply respond to this e-mail directly to the group.
                                            >
                                            > Ken Rohrer
                                            > Incredible Art Department

                                          • Steven Graham
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Aug 26, 2013
                                              http://www.bps-ok.org/kane/art/

                                              I have lesson plans on my elementary school site as well as links to my boomerang web site.

                                              Steven Graham
                                              Kane Elementary School
                                              Bartlesville OK

                                              On 8/26/2013 8:14 PM, kierendutcher wrote:

                                              thanks,yes
                                              www.kierendutcher.com

                                              > A few years ago I asked if any members of this list group wanted to share any websites or blogs they have of themselves or their work. I got a pretty good response. Because we've grown almost another thousand members since then, I am asking again if members want to share your URL's for inclusion on the list's community page at http://www.incredibleart.org/aeai/unblock.html
                                              >
                                              > Because I think other members would enjoy seeing your websites, I won't ask for you to send a personal message to me. Rather simply respond to this e-mail directly to the group.
                                              >
                                              > Ken Rohrer
                                              > Incredible Art Department

                                            • numinousart4life
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Aug 29, 2013

                                                Mr. Graham - just wanted to say I love the 5th grade hands projects - :)  ~Yvette

                                                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, <boomerang_g@...> wrote:

                                                http://www.bps-ok.org/kane/art/

                                                I have lesson plans on my elementary school site as well as links to my boomerang web site.

                                                Steven Graham
                                                Kane Elementary School
                                                Bartlesville OK

                                                On 8/26/2013 8:14 PM, kierendutcher wrote:

                                                thanks,yes
                                                www.kierendutcher.com

                                                > A few years ago I asked if any members of this list group wanted to share any websites or blogs they have of themselves or their work. I got a pretty good response. Because we've grown almost another thousand members since then, I am asking again if members want to share your URL's for inclusion on the list's community page at http://www.incredibleart.org/aeai/unblock.html
                                                >
                                                > Because I think other members would enjoy seeing your websites, I won't ask for you to send a personal message to me. Rather simply respond to this e-mail directly to the group.
                                                >
                                                > Ken Rohrer
                                                > Incredible Art Department

                                              • Ken
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Oct 18, 2013
                                                  I was beginning to add all the member listgroup websites and see this has a link but no name to go with it. Because I am linking websites with names, I can't add this one without a name.

                                                  Ken

                                                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "bszechy" <bszechy@...> wrote:

                                                  > International Artist Residencies in Budapest 2014The HMC based in Dallas, TX and Budapest, Hungary - is an artist run, non-profit, multi-disciplinary arts organization.
                                                  > http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com/id97.html
                                                  >
                                                  > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <kenroar@> wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > A few years ago I asked if any members of this list group wanted to share any websites or blogs they have of themselves or their work. I got a pretty good response. Because we've grown almost another thousand members since then, I am asking again if members want to share your URL's for inclusion on the list's community page at http://www.incredibleart.org/aeai/unblock.html
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Because I think other members would enjoy seeing your websites, I won't ask for you to send a personal message to me. Rather simply respond to this e-mail directly to the group.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Ken Rohrer
                                                  > > Incredible Art Department

                                                • Ken
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Oct 19, 2013