Re: [art_education] A free download of guided drawings

  • crasm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 15, 2012
      I have been doing this with kids for years-once they learn how to draw with their basic shapes, they embellish and the imagination kicks in-good job-the kids are lucky oi have such a fun understanding teacher.Susan

      I am gathering together the guided drawings I do with my kindergartners and making them into free book downloads. I took photos of each stage of the drawing to demonstrate. It is simple but perhaps helpful for those of you working with young children!

      http://www.fairydustteaching.blogspot.com/2012/01/free-guided-drawing-book.html

      Sally

    • crasm@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 15, 2012
        to not oi

        I have been doing this with kids for years-once they learn how to draw with their basic shapes, they embellish and the imagination kicks in-good job-the kids are lucky oi have such a fun understanding teacher.Susan

        I am gathering together the guided drawings I do with my kindergartners and making them into free book downloads. I took photos of each stage of the drawing to demonstrate. It is simple but perhaps helpful for those of you working with young children!

        http://www.fairydustteaching.blogspot.com/2012/01/free-guided-drawing-book.html

        Sally

      • Byrd1956
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 16, 2012
          Are there any guided drawing instructions for junior high students (grades 7 & 8)?
        • MarciaB
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 16, 2012
            What a great resource! I linked to your blog from my blog: http://vividlayers.blogspot.com

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, crasm@... wrote:

            > I have been doing this with kids for years-once they learn how to draw with their basic shapes, they embellish and the imagination kicks in-good job-the kids are lucky oi have such a fun understanding teacher.Susan

          • meryl
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 16, 2012
              Try Mona Brooks books
              On Jan 16, 2012, at 9:29 AM, Byrd1956 wrote:

              Are there any guided drawing instructions for junior high students (grades 7 & 8)?

            • Sally Fowler
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 16, 2012
                Not yet!  I am doing a series for early childhood currently.

                Are there any guided drawing instructions for junior high students (grades 7 & 8)?