Roman art

  • Brandy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2012
      The recent posts about Greek art made me want to share this last project from my middle and high school classes art/history combo-
      We made tape sculptures and connected them to the Pompeii molds that were left in the lava flow. The first time I saw the tape sculptures, they were done in dramatic movements and it made me instantly think of images of the bodies found in Pompeii. The kids loved making them, and the parents thought it was awesome. if you do for 5th grade, which would be about the youngest grade I would attempt this for, you might be able to also do a science or geography connection.
      At the end of group project (4-5 kids per sculpture), we pulled a name out of a jar and that person took the tape sculpture home. According to one winner, they are going to be studying the body soon and plan opening "him" up & giving their tape person organs. :)

      I just uploaded the images to Artsonia, so they should be available in a few days. If anyone else has a school on Artsonia. Please let me know, I love viewing kids art and all the projects we think up for them :)
      Brandy