Re: VHS Tapes

  • Michele
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2012
      I actually spoke to my librarian about the same issue, when I came to my elementary school the previous teacher had 50+ VHS tapes. We still have players but I wanted to convert them to DVD for the convenience and space sAving. When I told her about my ideA she said I will pretend I didn't hear you because that is against the law. Curious I asked her about it, regardless if I own the tape making a copy is illegal. I don't use several of the titles anyways and never did copy any. Just wanted to give u a heads up from a legal viewpiont.

      Sent from my iPhone
    • De Anna Michelle
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2012
        Not if you are making a Back-up copy for your own use!
        Just go to Office Depot (or search the web)  there is a tool, I think it's called a Dazzler / can't remember, anyways the kit comes with an adapter tool that pluggs into any multimedia device and allows you to copy and save to another device/medium ie: cd/ dvd.

        Check it out, I believe this will solve your delima if someone has the time to transfer all your material; this could possibly be done by students and a valuable learning experience for all!

        Hope this helps,

        DeAnna Michelle
        Shreveport, La

        "Be who you are and be that well."