Re: [art_education] special needs art

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2012
      A lot of the art ideas in my books work perfectly for many special needs kids. Scribble Art has many basic, easy open-ended ideas. You can see samples from all my books on my website. www.brightring.com

      All the ideas Mader shared are good choices.

      MaryAnn Kohl

      The life of the arts is close to the center of a nation's purpose --
      and is a test to the quality of a nation's civilization.
           - President John F. Kennedy

      On Jan 5, 2012, at 7:24 PM, Rosel Valenzuela wrote:

      Hi!
      I've also worked with kids with special needs. we've tried blotting - fold a paper, open then drop at the center  tempera colors that would blend together. fold again , press so colors will spread. open and challenge them with - what do you see? turn the paper until you see something. what can this be- then add lines to make the blot into something.
      some came up with butterflies, others with something that their imagination dictated.

      another that they enjoyed much was bubble blowing - (diluted paint  with soap) blow to make bubbles then press paper on mouth of container. have diff. containers for diff colors.  this can be used as background for a poem or a letter or they can add an art challenge - What does this (bubble filled paper) remind you of-  sea? lake? sky? a dream? add to the bubble print what you see.

      Enjoy!
      mader

      From: art_education@yahoogroups.com <art_education@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [art_education] Digest Number 3674