RE: [art_education] Re: VHS Tapes

  • Barbara Yalof
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012

      Good idea- many colleges and schools have the software to do this conversion. It’s a shame to lose all of these titles!

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
        Stephanie,  I deleted the tapes from the list that I won't need, some of them I already have.  I saw the posts this morning from a couple of ladies suggesting you transfer from VHS to DVD.  Sounds like a great suggestion if you have access to the equipment.  Would you want to do this before sending the tapes to me?

[...]

        The Greek Temple – 54 min

        Roy Lichtenstein Reflection -– 20 min

      • Michele
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2012
          I actually spoke to my librarian about the same issue, when I came to my elementary school the previous teacher had 50+ VHS tapes. We still have players but I wanted to convert them to DVD for the convenience and space sAving. When I told her about my ideA she said I will pretend I didn't hear you because that is against the law. Curious I asked her about it, regardless if I own the tape making a copy is illegal. I don't use several of the titles anyways and never did copy any. Just wanted to give u a heads up from a legal viewpiont.

          Sent from my iPhone
        • De Anna Michelle
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2012
            Not if you are making a Back-up copy for your own use!
            Just go to Office Depot (or search the web)  there is a tool, I think it's called a Dazzler / can't remember, anyways the kit comes with an adapter tool that pluggs into any multimedia device and allows you to copy and save to another device/medium ie: cd/ dvd.

            Check it out, I believe this will solve your delima if someone has the time to transfer all your material; this could possibly be done by students and a valuable learning experience for all!

            Hope this helps,

            DeAnna Michelle
            Shreveport, La

            "Be who you are and be that well."