VHS Tapes

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
      Hello all,

      My school has given up on VCR,s and moved on to DVD players, so I have a large collection of VHS tapes, mostly about specific artists. I am willing to give these away for free, provided the recipients cover my shipping costs. Here is the list below. Please contact me via email if you are interested. I have a Paypal account to make it easier. can do the whole set, or individual titles, but it will be first come, first serve.

      Jackson Pollock – Portrait of an Artist - 56 min
      Donatello– Portrait of an Artist - 60 min
      Vincent Van Gogh – Portrait of an Artist - 56 min
      O'Keefe – Portrait of an Artist - 60 min
      Andy Warhol – Portrait of an Artist - 79 min
      Seurat – Portrait of an Artist - 75 min
      Cassat – Portrait of an Artist – 30 min
      Matisse– Portrait of an Artist - 58 min
      El Greco– Portrait of an Artist - 30 min
      Magritte– Portrait of an Artist - 60 min
      Life of Leonardo DaVince – 3 tape set in box
      Ceramics – Throwing Functional Pottery, Part 1– 38 min
      Ceramics – Throwing Functional Pottery, Part 2 – 40 min
      Civilization, Personal View by Lord Clark– 7 tape set
      Ceramics – Throwing on the Wheel – 60 min
      The Art of Tilemakin – 60 min
      Lascaux Revisited – 35 min
      The Fantastic World of MC Escher – 50 min
      2 copies of Masterpieces of the Met – 55 min
      Louise Nevelson in Process – 30 min
      National Gallery of Art – Light of the Gods -28 min
      The Cloisters – Glories of Medieval Art – 27 min
      New Ways of Seeing – Picasso and Braque and the Cubist Revolution – 58 mins
      The Shock of Futurism – 23 min
      Winslow Homer Nature of the Artist - 29 min
      Keith Haring Drawing the Line – 30 min
      Edward Hopper The Silent Witness – 43 min
      Vincent Van Gogh A Stroke of Genius – 50 min
      Maria – Indian Pottery of San Ildefonso – 27 min
      Germany –Dada – 55 min
      National Gallery of Art – Treasury of Masterpieces – 50 min
      Masterpieces of Italian Art – 15th Century – Renaissance in Full Bloom – 59 min
      Masterpieces of Italian Art – Birth of the Renaissance Giotto to Masaccio– 59 min
      The Greek Temple – 54 min
      Cathedral by David Macauley – 60 min
      Roy Lichtenstein Reflection -– 20 min
      The Cubist Epoch – 54 min
      Pollock – the movie – rated R – 122 min
    • aliteachesart
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
        Hi! Before you do this you should see if your tech department has an intern or if you have an awesome parent that will convert your favorites to dvd. I haven't done this, but know a woman who volunteered to convert her children's school's tapes (she is a librarian and wouldn't have done it if its was unethical or illegal). Ali B. 9-12

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie" <stephc418@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > My school has given up on VCR,s and moved on to DVD players, so I have a large collection of VHS tapes, mostly about specific artists. I am willing to give these away for free, provided the recipients cover my shipping costs. Here is the list below. Please contact me via email if you are interested. I have a Paypal account to make it easier. can do the whole set, or individual titles, but it will be first come, first serve.
        >

        > Jackson Pollock – Portrait of an Artist - 56 min
        > Donatello– Portrait of an Artist - 60 min
        > Vincent Van Gogh – Portrait of an Artist - 56 min
        > O'Keefe – Portrait of an Artist - 60 min
        > Andy Warhol – Portrait of an Artist - 79 min
        > Seurat – Portrait of an Artist - 75 min
        > Cassat – Portrait of an Artist – 30 min
        > Matisse– Portrait of an Artist - 58 min
        > El Greco– Portrait of an Artist - 30 min
        > Magritte– Portrait of an Artist - 60 min
        > Life of Leonardo DaVince – 3 tape set in box
        > Ceramics – Throwing Functional Pottery, Part 1– 38 min
        > Ceramics – Throwing Functional Pottery, Part 2 – 40 min
        > Civilization, Personal View by Lord Clark– 7 tape set
        > Ceramics – Throwing on the Wheel – 60 min
        > The Art of Tilemakin – 60 min
        > Lascaux Revisited – 35 min
        > The Fantastic World of MC Escher – 50 min
        > 2 copies of Masterpieces of the Met – 55 min
        > Louise Nevelson in Process – 30 min
        > National Gallery of Art – Light of the Gods -28 min
        > The Cloisters – Glories of Medieval Art – 27 min
        > New Ways of Seeing – Picasso and Braque and the Cubist Revolution – 58 mins
        > The Shock of Futurism – 23 min
        > Winslow Homer Nature of the Artist - 29 min
        > Keith Haring Drawing the Line – 30 min
        > Edward Hopper The Silent Witness – 43 min
        > Vincent Van Gogh A Stroke of Genius – 50 min
        > Maria – Indian Pottery of San Ildefonso – 27 min
        > Germany –Dada – 55 min
        > National Gallery of Art – Treasury of Masterpieces – 50 min
        > Masterpieces of Italian Art – 15th Century – Renaissance in Full Bloom – 59 min
        > Masterpieces of Italian Art – Birth of the Renaissance Giotto to Masaccio– 59 min
        > The Greek Temple – 54 min
        > Cathedral by David Macauley – 60 min
        > Roy Lichtenstein Reflection -– 20 min
        > The Cubist Epoch – 54 min
        > Pollock – the movie – rated R – 122 min

      • Barbara Yalof
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012

          Good idea- many colleges and schools have the software to do this conversion. It’s a shame to lose all of these titles!

          Hi! Before you do this you should see if your tech department has an intern or if you have an awesome parent that will convert your favorites to dvd. I haven't done this, but know a woman who volunteered to convert her children's school's tapes (she is a librarian and wouldn't have done it if its was unethical or illegal). Ali B. 9-12

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie" <stephc418@...> wrote:

          > Hello all,
          >
          > My school has given up on VCR,s and moved on to DVD players, so I have a large collection of VHS tapes, mostly about specific artists. I am willing to give these away for free, provided the recipients cover my shipping costs. Here is the list below. Please contact me via email if you are interested. I have a Paypal account to make it easier. can do the whole set, or individual titles, but it will be first come, first serve.
          >

          > Jackson Pollock – Portrait of an Artist - 56 min
          > Donatello– Portrait of an Artist - 60 min
          > Vincent Van Gogh – Portrait of an Artist - 56 min
          > O'Keefe – Portrait of an Artist - 60 min
          > Andy Warhol – Portrait of an Artist - 79 min
          > Seurat – Portrait of an Artist - 75 min
          > Cassat – Portrait of an Artist – 30 min
          > Matisse– Portrait of an Artist - 58 min
          > El Greco– Portrait of an Artist - 30 min
          > Magritte– Portrait of an Artist - 60 min
          > Life of Leonardo DaVince – 3 tape set in box
          > Ceramics – Throwing Functional Pottery, Part 1– 38 min
          > Ceramics – Throwing Functional Pottery, Part 2 – 40 min
          > Civilization, Personal View by Lord Clark– 7 tape set
          > Ceramics – Throwing on the Wheel – 60 min
          > The Art of Tilemakin – 60 min
          > Lascaux Revisited – 35 min
          > The Fantastic World of MC Escher – 50 min
          > 2 copies of Masterpieces of the Met – 55 min
          > Louise Nevelson in Process – 30 min
          > National Gallery of Art – Light of the Gods -28 min
          > The Cloisters – Glories of Medieval Art – 27 min
          > New Ways of Seeing – Picasso and Braque and the Cubist Revolution – 58 mins
          > The Shock of Futurism – 23 min
          > Winslow Homer Nature of the Artist - 29 min
          > Keith Haring Drawing the Line – 30 min
          > Edward Hopper The Silent Witness – 43 min
          > Vincent Van Gogh A Stroke of Genius – 50 min
          > Maria – Indian Pottery of San Ildefonso – 27 min
          > Germany –Dada – 55 min
          > National Gallery of Art – Treasury of Masterpieces – 50 min
          > Masterpieces of Italian Art – 15th Century – Renaissance in Full Bloom – 59 min
          > Masterpieces of Italian Art – Birth of the Renaissance Giotto to Masaccio– 59 min
          > The Greek Temple – 54 min
          > Cathedral by David Macauley – 60 min
          > Roy Lichtenstein Reflection -– 20 min
          > The Cubist Epoch – 54 min
          > Pollock – the movie – rated R – 122 min

          No virus found in this message.

        • Julie Casebourn

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2012
              I actually spoke to my librarian about the same issue, when I came to my elementary school the previous teacher had 50+ VHS tapes. We still have players but I wanted to convert them to DVD for the convenience and space sAving. When I told her about my ideA she said I will pretend I didn't hear you because that is against the law. Curious I asked her about it, regardless if I own the tape making a copy is illegal. I don't use several of the titles anyways and never did copy any. Just wanted to give u a heads up from a legal viewpiont.

              Sent from my iPhone
            • De Anna Michelle
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2012
                Not if you are making a Back-up copy for your own use!
                Just go to Office Depot (or search the web)  there is a tool, I think it's called a Dazzler / can't remember, anyways the kit comes with an adapter tool that pluggs into any multimedia device and allows you to copy and save to another device/medium ie: cd/ dvd.

                Check it out, I believe this will solve your delima if someone has the time to transfer all your material; this could possibly be done by students and a valuable learning experience for all!

                Hope this helps,

                DeAnna Michelle
                Shreveport, La

                "Be who you are and be that well."