Re: End of year art show

  • azalea64es
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 22, 2011
      I will try to send some photos....we cut lots of little papers
      "confetti" and a poem that the children learnt every thing cut and
      display on the floor. some fans around it.....when the children arrived
      they took the fans and a party started......I invite the writer too, so
      for him was a new experience beyond poetry....the poem was called "las
      palabras que se las lleva el viento" the words blown by the wind....

      I perform this with 75 children but in the end everyone wanted to try so
      in different sessions of 20 min 200 kids participated......

      this activity was part of an art contemporanean project......called
      Pretextos contextos....

      janet

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "n" <ignuluban@...> wrote:

      > Thank you everyone for the great ideas! I dont feel so lost now. I
      will keep you posted on the progress!

      > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "n" ignuluban@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Happy Holidays everyone!
      > > I need some suggestions or ideas for an end of the year art show/
      presentation! A little background...I teach art to k-8. I teach at two
      schools and alternate weeks. By the time the two weeks are over I've
      seen about 450 students at one school and about 200 at the other. I
      wanted to do something besides just putting pictures on the
      wall....please help. Oh and I'll have to do 2 art shows/ presentations
      because each school is separate from each other. I'll appreciate any
      ideas! Thanks in advance!