Fun Drawing/Painting Problems for HS?

  • aliteachesart
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2011
      Hi Everybody,

      My students have almost a full week next week and we're all a bit burned out and ready for winter break. Do you have any "cool" little problems/projects that will keep them motivated? I have some things planned, but can easily push them off until the new year. Thanks in advance, Ali B. 9-12
    • Clay Lady
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2011
        Zentangles -just google- expand on the project- I used Manga Paper & microns, then some kids added color w/ pens etc...
        Good Luck I am finished till next year!
        Retsy

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2011
          painting on glass is fun...would sharpies and fused laminate work too.
          the difficulty is painting the layers in correct order when there is a
          visual underneath.  the laminate would allow kids to mess up and
          not be concerned over the finished product.  k
          On Dec 16, 2011, at 11:05 AM, aliteachesart wrote:

          Hi Everybody,

          My students have almost a full week next week and we're all a bit burned out and ready for winter break. Do you have any "cool" little problems/projects that will keep them motivated? I have some things planned, but can easily push them off until the new year. Thanks in advance, Ali B. 9-12

        • Rita
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 2011
            Zentangles were mentiones- my difficult class of 5th graders LOVED that project. Also, learning about radial balance by coloring with sharpies on an old CD. Again, my difficult kiddos really loved doing that. I have them trace the cd first, and try out a few designs before actually coloring on the cd. Nail polish remover can erase mistakes, but I don't advertise that option. I also made origami star books- easy and really pretty! I incorporated a writing lesson into it.directione here: http://www.houseofstirfry.com/chia/tutorials/starbook.html