Re: Good Art Ed Programs

  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2004
      I guess there are several people on the list who got an art education in Pennsylvania. I attended the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and attended their visual communications courses back in 1978 (makes me feel old just thinking about it). I wasn't impressed at the time but know that almost 25 years have past since I was there and I'm sure it's changed a lot.

      I think the original person to ask this question was only interested in schools in Georgia or Florida. Just in case you are open to other areas, I highly recommend the American Academy of Art (http://www.aaart.edu/) or the Art Institute of Chicago (http://www.artic.edu/saic/). I attended the American Academy of Art and was hired in an agency even before I graduated. While in Chicago I learned about the Art Institute a little more and this is a fine school also. If you are only looking at art education programs, then only the Art Institute has that program in Chicago.

      Ken

      Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:57:56 -0000
      From: "stephc418" <stephc418@...>
      Subject: Good Art Ed Programs

      forget Kutztown University in PA and Marywood University in Scranton, PA!
      Kutztown, (my alma mater) has had many art ed gurus among its faculty, real
      grass roots people. Included in this list are Eldon Katter of School Arts mag,
      and Mary Erickson of the Getty Institute.

      Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 06:52:31 -0400
      From: "Kris Fontes" <kmfontez@...>
      Subject: Re: Good Art Ed Programs

      I agree with Stephc418, I got my BFA from Kutztown and it is a great school.
      Now I live in the northwestern area of Pennsylvania-Edinboro University has
      a great program also...and one of the top programs in animation.