RE: [art_education] Tryptichs

  • Makio Kawashima
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
      Hi Jery,

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triptych
      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Three_Studies_for_Figures_at_the_Base_of_a
      _Crucifixion.jpg
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Merodealtarpiece.jpg

      WISH JAPAN RECOVER
      http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/fansforjapan.html
      Makio Kawashima

      From: art_education@yahoogroups.com [mailto:art_education@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Jeri
      Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:58 AM
      To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [art_education] Tryptichs

      I would like to teach tryptichs to my classes. I need some good
      non-religious examples. Any ideas where I can find pictures of some?

      Thanks!

      Jeri
    • Caryn Blum
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
        Francis Bacon Has many, but it may be too dark for younger grade levels!

        Sent from my iPad
      • Cathy Wilson
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
        • Kathleen Maledon
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
            i think max weber did one  k

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
              also don't forget about the asian ones k
              On Dec 11, 2011, at 5:03 AM, Makio Kawashima wrote:

              Hi Jery,

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triptych
              From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
                I have an easy triptych project in my book, Discovering Great Artists, bsed on Jan van Eyck's work back in the 1400's.
                You make a hinged cardboard with a large piece with an arched pointy top in the middle, and two smaller "doors" on the side, and when folded in, their points match up to fit the larger piece.
                Page 15 if you have a copy, or can get one from the library.

                And then click on Van Eyck about four down in the list, and it will take you to one of his actual works.
                MaryAnn Kohl
                blog: maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog
                author, educator, consultant, presenter
                IBPA Board of Directors