Tryptichs

  • Jeri
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2011
      I would like to teach tryptichs to my classes. I need some good non-religious examples. Any ideas where I can find pictures of some?

      Thanks!

      Jeri
    • Makio Kawashima
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
        Hi Jery,

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triptych
        From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Three_Studies_for_Figures_at_the_Base_of_a
        _Crucifixion.jpg
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Merodealtarpiece.jpg

        WISH JAPAN RECOVER
        http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/fansforjapan.html
        Makio Kawashima

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
          Francis Bacon Has many, but it may be too dark for younger grade levels!

          Sent from my iPad
        • Cathy Wilson
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
          • Kathleen Maledon
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
              i think max weber did one  k

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
                also don't forget about the asian ones k
                On Dec 11, 2011, at 5:03 AM, Makio Kawashima wrote:

                Hi Jery,

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triptych
                From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
                  I have an easy triptych project in my book, Discovering Great Artists, bsed on Jan van Eyck's work back in the 1400's.
                  You make a hinged cardboard with a large piece with an arched pointy top in the middle, and two smaller "doors" on the side, and when folded in, their points match up to fit the larger piece.
                  Page 15 if you have a copy, or can get one from the library.

                  And then click on Van Eyck about four down in the list, and it will take you to one of his actual works.
                  MaryAnn Kohl
                  blog: maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog
                  author, educator, consultant, presenter
                  IBPA Board of Directors