Re: [art_education] Art forgery case - this would make a great drama

  • Robin Hartmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2011
      I love this idea!
      Robin Hartmann
      The New School Montessori

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 4, 2011, at 2:48 PM, Judy Decker <jdecker4art@...> wrote:

      Greetings Art Educators (middle school and up),

      As I was reading this New York Times article, I could help but think
      it would make a nice drama for students to play out.
      Possible Forging of Modern Art Is Investigated
      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/03/arts/design/federal-inquiry-into-possible-forging-of-modernist-art.html?ref=design

      Just for fun, students could even make their own forgeries for the drama.
      Lots of "players" in this - add a judge, lawyers and jury and you can
      include an entire class. You never know... maybe someday it will
      become a new Hollywood movie script? (chuckles).

      So much good stuff in New York Times for art appreciation. Art class
      should not be all about art making.....
      http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html
      No longer 100% free - but you do get 20 articles a month free. I am
      selective now what I actually open up to read so I don't miss out on
      something really good.

      Enjoy,

      Judy Decker

      As always, Getty members, remember to clip out all member email
      addresses before you click "send". All you have to do is look at what
      you are posting. If your mail program includes the email address of
      the original sender (some don't) - then highlight the address and
      cut/delete it. Your extra second of effort cuts down on the Spam we
      receive - fewer email addresses archived on Getty site to be harvested
      by email bots. I have been doing my part as well - posting far less
      that in the past.