Re: [art_education] recommend online photo book?

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2011
      I'm in the middle of using Shutterfly and it is so easy and has many options! You can stuff pages full of photos for no extra charge because they charge by the page not the photos. and they have a 30% off right now. Boy, you can spend a lot of time making these books. LOL
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      MaryAnn Kohl
      blog: maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog

      On Nov 30, 2011, at 8:03 PM, Ruth Spiro wrote:

      I've used both Blurb and Walgreens, and there is a huge difference in quality.

      If you just want something quick and inexpensive, Walgreens is fine, but you get what you pay for.
      The books I made with Blurb took longer for me to put together and cost substantially more, but the quality of the photos was excellent and the book was sturdier. (I gave them as gifts, so was willing to pay more.) Blurb requires you to download their software, with Walgreens you do it online. The nice thing about Walgreens is that they're ready very quickly, possibly the same day. If you use Walgreens, make sure you get a coupon code, you can usually save 30% or more.

      I guess it just depends what you'll be using them for, but you're right, you have many options!

      Has anyone made a book through iPhoto/Apple? I was thinking of trying that next.

      Good luck!

      Ruth Spiro

      On Nov 30, 2011, at 9:45 PM, MARYANN KOHL wrote:

      I want to make an online photo book that is reasonably priced that has templates/options.

      I've seen Walgreens, Blurb, Snapfish, Costco, Lulu, and others. I've seen too many, I think!
      Wondering what you recommend for the all around best price and flexibility?
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      MaryAnn Kohl

    • MARYANN KOHL
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 12, 2011
        Just got my finished Shutterfly books, and the quality is magnificent!! As a publisher, I am doubly impressed! I loved the creative changes I could make in Shutterfly... and the templates are really nice too.
        Very very nice.

        MaryAnn
        MaryAnn Kohl
        blog: maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog