recommend online photo book?

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2011
      I want to make an online photo book that is reasonably priced that has templates/options.
      I've seen Walgreens, Blurb, Snapfish, Costco, Lulu, and others. I've seen too many, I think!
      Wondering what you recommend for the all around best price and flexibility?
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      MaryAnn Kohl
      blog: maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog

    • Ruth Spiro
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2011
        I've used both Blurb and Walgreens, and there is a huge difference in quality.
        If you just want something quick and inexpensive, Walgreens is fine, but you get what you pay for.
        The books I made with Blurb took longer for me to put together and cost substantially more, but the quality of the photos was excellent and the book was sturdier. (I gave them as gifts, so was willing to pay more.) Blurb requires you to download their software, with Walgreens you do it online. The nice thing about Walgreens is that they're ready very quickly, possibly the same day. If you use Walgreens, make sure you get a coupon code, you can usually save 30% or more.

        I guess it just depends what you'll be using them for, but you're right, you have many options!

        Has anyone made a book through iPhoto/Apple? I was thinking of trying that next.

        Good luck!

        Ruth Spiro

        On Nov 30, 2011, at 9:45 PM, MARYANN KOHL wrote:

        I want to make an online photo book that is reasonably priced that has templates/options.

        I've seen Walgreens, Blurb, Snapfish, Costco, Lulu, and others. I've seen too many, I think!
        Wondering what you recommend for the all around best price and flexibility?
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
        MaryAnn Kohl

      • TriciaF
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
          Hi MaryAnn,

          I used Shutterfly and loved how you can customize everything.
          And, you can embed your finished book on your website or Facebook page to share with others if they can't view your hard copy.

          Here is what my little 8x8 book looked like embeded: http://bit.ly/uCHTtE

          Tricia Fuglestad, IL
        • Joan Maresh Hansen
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
            Thanks for the information regarding online photo books. I am putting together photos of my Terrific Two ( year old ) Grandson.

            I made a beautiful photo book using Apple's  IPhoto. I was experimenting with the smaller version so that I could  bundle and share my student's exemplary work.
            This Portfolio Pack book 1 turned out with rich colors on good quality paper and  it was very economical.

            I am going to look into both Blurb and Walgreens.
            Thanks for the heads up!

            Joan Maresh Hansen
            Visit My Artful Life Blog

          • priorhouse
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
              We have used Shutterfly for almost a decade now - and this company offers (and stands by) a money back guarantee on anything. They also send surprise free offers to customers (just pay shipping) at different times of the year. Also, it seems like they always have fun offers and little deals going on! The quality of Shutterfly products is excellent and they have a lot of options for various photo books.

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "TriciaF" <tricia_fuglestad@...> wrote:

              > Hi MaryAnn,
              >
              > I used Shutterfly and loved how you can customize everything.
              > And, you can embed your finished book on your website or Facebook page to share with others if they can't view your hard copy.
              >
              > Here is what my little 8x8 book looked like embeded: http://bit.ly/uCHTtE
              >

              > Tricia Fuglestad, IL

            • catyo55
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
                I really like the format of the Blurb books I've made. I actually prefer that I download their software instead of making the book online like some of the other companies. This means that I can sort through all the pictures on my computer while I make the book and then only spend the time to upload my final book. When making the book online, it's tedious to import all the photos, especially if I don't decide to use them all.
                In my experience, Blurb books are high quality for their cost. They also have options for longer books than some other companies. I originally starting using Blurb when I created a 200 page photo book of my time living in Central America. At the time, I had looked into Shutterfly, but wasn't going to be able to include enough pages in the book to fit in everything I wanted.
                I have heard the Apple books are nice, but that they are quite costly.
                Have fun!

                Caitlin
                www.adventuresinhondoland.blogspot.com
                www.arttteacher.yolasite.com

                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, MARYANN KOHL <maryann@...> wrote:

                > I want to make an online photo book that is reasonably priced that has
                > templates/options.
                > I've seen Walgreens, Blurb, Snapfish, Costco, Lulu, and others. I've
                > seen too many, I think!
                > Wondering what you recommend for the all around best price and
                > flexibility?
                > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                > MaryAnn Kohl
                > blog: maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog
                > website: www.brightring.com

              • MARYANN KOHL
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
                  Thanks for the advice on photo books -- I knew I could count on you!

                  I have started a photo book at four or five different places  just to see which ones were most flexible: easiest, fastest and choice of templates, etc. They all have something wonderful! I'm settling on Shutterfly because I like how you can change the page layout page by page without changing the whole book, and the upload of photos has been easy too. I think if I had more time, I would work with My Publisher.

                  I also found that Vistaprint has a very cheap "flip book" and that Walgreen's has a "pick it up today" book for $19.

                  I learned a lot!! Blurb, Snapfish, Lulu, iPhoto, Walgreens and Costco, and so on... all have something to offer. They are similar, but not the same.

                  MaryAnn
                  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

                  On Dec 1, 2011, at 2:51 PM, catyo55 wrote:

                  I really like the format of the Blurb books I've made. I actually prefer that I download their software instead of making the book online like some of the other companies. This means that I can sort through all the pictures on my computer while I make the book and then only spend the time to upload my final book. When making the book online, it's tedious to import all the photos, especially if I don't decide to use them all.
                  In my experience, Blurb books are high quality for their cost. They also have options for longer books than some other companies. I originally starting using Blurb when I created a 200 page photo book of my time living in Central America. At the time, I had looked into Shutterfly, but wasn't going to be able to include enough pages in the book to fit in everything I wanted.
                  I have heard the Apple books are nice, but that they are quite costly.
                  Have fun!

                  Caitlin
                  www.adventuresinhondoland.blogspot.com
                  www.arttteacher.yolasite.com

                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, MARYANN KOHL <maryann@...> wrote:

                  > I want to make an online photo book that is reasonably priced that has
                  > templates/options.
                  > I've seen Walgreens, Blurb, Snapfish, Costco, Lulu, and others. I've
                  > seen too many, I think!
                  > Wondering what you recommend for the all around best price and
                  > flexibility?
                  > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                  > MaryAnn Kohl
                  > blog: maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog
                  > website: www.brightring.com

                • MARYANN KOHL

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 12, 2011
                      Just got my finished Shutterfly books, and the quality is magnificent!! As a publisher, I am doubly impressed! I loved the creative changes I could make in Shutterfly... and the templates are really nice too.
                      Very very nice.

                      MaryAnn
                      MaryAnn Kohl
                      blog: maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog