Re: Sacred geometry in art history- revised

  • wymystic
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2011
      I've always found this intriguing ...Thanks for posting it. And-->No, I
      didn't know ... Could you say a bit more about:

      << ...working with this stuff can alter your consciousness. It's along
      the lines of what Gurdjieff called 'objective art.' A vehicle for higher
      consciousness... I would like to inspire people to do the work for
      themselves... >>???

      Or, point me in the right direction (Googling brought an overwhelming #
      of hits ... Which particular site[s] speak to the point you are
      referencing?

      Thanks,
      Doree

      art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Sideburns" <solomonstinktoe@...> wrote:

      > A few years ago I noticed that there are many paintings constructed on
      hexagram/flower of life templates. All the way from Giotto (and before)
      to Dali- you look for people pointing, or someone pointing and some
      other focal point, then use the two points to draw your matrix with a
      compass. Alignments are often found on both the hex (line) and flower of
      life (circle) patterns. More alignments can be found by constructing an
      inner hexagram within the main one(s). I found probably 50 or more...
      I'll scan some and send them to you... right now I can't download the
      drivers to either my printer or my scanner, evidently I am being
      censored so I'd appreciate it if you could help me get this information
      out. I would like to have a professional video done, but don't have the
      funds. If I can get my scanner driver I'll at least be able to do a
      poor-quality video.

      > The interesting thing - you probably know this already - is that
      working with this stuff can alter your consciousness. It's along the
      lines of what Gurdjieff called 'objective art.' A vehicle for higher
      consciousness... I would like to inspire people to do the work for
      themselves... who knows how many there are?

      > Here are a few of the works:
      >
      > Da Vinci - John the Baptist
      > Da Vinci - Madonna of the Rocks
      > Da Vinci - Last Supper
      > Caravaggio - Supper at Emmaus
      > Vermeer - The Astronomer
      > Rembrandt - Night Watch
      > Rembrandt - Danae
      > Botticelli - Madonna of the Pomegranate
      > Durer - Christ among the Doctors
      > Holbein - The Ambassadors
      > Giovanni Stradanus - The Alchemist
      > Caravaggio - Conversion of St. Paul
      > Vasari - Forge of Vulcan
      > Filippo Lippi - Bartolini Tondo
      > Jean Fouquet - Virgin and Child
      > Raphael - Madonna del Granduca
      > Raphael - Small Cowper Madonna
      > Raphael - Madonna of Loreto
      > Correggio - Noli Me Tangere
      > Correggio - Mystic Marriage
      > Palma Vecchio - Holy Family with MM and Infant St John
      > Philippe de Champaigne - Last Supper
      > Manet - Luncheon on the Grass
      > Poussin - Inspiration of the Poet (and many others)
      > Gerard David- Marriage Feast at Cana
      > Jan Steen - Feast of St. Nicholas
      > Fra Angelico - Mocking of Christ (and others)
      > Rubens - Henry IV
      > Fragonard - The Swing
      > Jacopo Zucchi - Age of Silver
      > Piero di Cosimo - Perseus Fleeing Andromeda
      > Gabriel Metsu - The Music Lesson
      > Conrad Witz - Miraculous Draught of Fishes
      > Simon Vouet- Toilet of Venus
      > Agnolo Bronzino - Allegory of Venus
      > Anthony Van Dyck- Rinaldo and Armida
      > Filippino Lippi- Singoria Altarpiece
      > Cosimo Rosselli- Virgin & Child Enthroned with Saints
      > Master of Moulins- Coronation of the Virgin
      > Carlo Crivelli- Madonna della Rondine
      > Domenico Veneziano- St Lucy Altarpiece
      > Jean-Baptiste Greuze - The Village Bride
      > Nicholas Froment- Virgin and Child
      > Lorenzo Costa - Virgin and Child Enthroned Between a Soldier Saint and
      St John the Baptist
      > Andre del Sarto - Pieta
      > Eugene Delacroix - Women of Algiers
      >
      > Botticelli, Bellini, Michelangelo, Tintoretto, Correggio, Raphael,
      Rembrandt, Caravaggio, Vermeer, Velasquez, there must be hundreds. Let's
      get those compasses out....