TASK Party

  • Astabeth
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2011
      Hi, everyone!

      I am a high school art teacher and our school's National Art Honor Society sponsor. We just had a TASK party to welcome our new members, and it was a blast! We had about 20 students in the hall outside the art rooms doing everything from creating dresses out of toilet paper to making cardboard cows to duplicating famous paintings using people as props. It was a great time!

      If any of you are looking for an activity to get kids interested in art, or to reward students, or as an icebreaker with a group of students who don't know each other, a TASK party is a great way to do it!

      We plan on showing footage and photos to the middle school students when we go talk to them about taking art in high school. I'll try to post some pictures in the files of this group (if I'm allowed).

      Just wanted to share!
      Beth

      --------------------------
      I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~ Pablo Picasso

      Beth Bachuss
      AP Art History, Art II, Art Appreciation II, Ceramics
      Austin High School
      Decatur, AL
    • Clay Lady
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2011
        Beth,
        This sounds great! I would love to here more details!
        Thanks
        Retsy

      • lea_guzman@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2011
          Hi what dpes TASK stand for?
          Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by mobily

          From: Clay Lady <stamford813@...>
          Sender: art_education@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 12:58:40 -0700 (PDT)
          To: art_education@yahoogroups.com<art_education@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: art_education@yahoogroups.com
          Cc: beth.bachuss@...<beth.bachuss@...>
          Subject: Re: [art_education] TASK Party

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2011
            Me too!

            > Beth,
            > This sounds great! I would love to here more details!
            > Thanks
            > Retsy

          • Rachel Stafford
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2011