art crit with high school

  • Terri Frohman
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
      Hello!
      I would like to do a crit with my kids tommorrow for our pencil still
      life drawings.
      They are fairly small 9x12 they had to do two objects (varying in size)
      with intense value.
      The end products are beautiful and i want to have them talk about
      process and critique each others.
      I was thinking to have them each get a number and a peice of work so
      that they can randomly talk about
      one artwork each.

      Suggestions for something simple yet meaningful in a discussion like
      this?
      A lot of their work is similiar so i dont want the dicsussion to get
      dull.

      help! 9-12 students who have all had art 1 before....with a 1 hour
      period.

      Terri
      NYC
    • Ellis Conley
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2011
        When it comes to critiques, a wise teacher told me as you sit back with the group and look at their work, ask them---"what did you struggle with?"   and   "what are you most proud of?"

        Works for me.

        Julie in WV
      • Gerri Paradee
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2011

          Excellent….thought provoking……wonderful closure.    Gerri in Idaho