Re: [art_education] Closure in art lesson

  • stormy939@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2011
      I have received so many wonderful strategies for teaching.   Wanted to thank you for taking the time to write in.

      You are all wonderful teachers!

      In a message dated 11/1/2011 5:02:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, MerylWeber@... writes:

      This website has 100's of teaching strategies, including closure

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 30, 2011, at 1:14 PM, stormy939@... wrote:

      Thank you!  I work with k-5 students, but I think having them display the work at the end of the lesson, will work well! Even if it is just holding up their art for all to see for the last few minutes of class for the little ones.

      Great Idea!!

      In a message dated 10/30/2011 1:00:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, wilsonc@... writes:
      Whether I am going to display the items or not, if it's 2-D work, I mean, I always have the students "mat" the work by gluesticking it onto colored construction paper that they cut to fit. Usually I have each student staple the matted piece very straight and neat onto the bulletin board, at least for a short while. I don't know what ages you are working with, but my junior high kids have learned to use the paper cutter to get the edges very straight, and they've learned to display neatly too. That's closure for your evaluating professor LOL.

      --
      Cathy Wilson
      Art and English Teacher