Re: [art_education] Re: Thankgsiving art lessons

  • muscles3
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
      Hi Ken - just uploaded the photo of my 3-d project - I am not the best computer person, but now that I've done it I can upload others - where would I write the lesson plan that goes with it?
      Robin Hartmann
      The NEw School Montessori

      From:Ken <kenroar@...>
      Subject:[art_education] Re: Thankgsiving art lessons
      Date:October 30, 2011 2:09:31 AM EDT
      To:art_education@yahoogroups.com

      I don't see any images attached. Perhaps they don't show up in the list group archives. Would you do me a favor and post them under the album titled "Thanksgiving Lessons" in the art education list group photos page?

      Ken

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, muscles3 <muscles3@...> wrote:

      > I have done many different things including a "Menu" of thanks with receipies for thanks - I've done cardboard "reliefs" using a sheet of cardboard with cut- out shapes glued on top (see attached) and painted
      >
      > Robin Hartmann
      > The New School Montessori
      >

      > On Oct 24, 2011, at 2:18:02 PM, "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@...> wrote:
      >
      > From: "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@...>
      > Subject: RE: [art_education] Thankgsiving art lessons
      > Date: October 24, 2011 2:18:02 PM EDT
      > To: "art_education@yahoogroups.com" <art_education@yahoogroups.com>
      > Attachments: 2 Attachments, 0.7 KB
      > Some years ago, I drew a large, tightly wound spiral on bulletin board paper.  Then asked all my students to write or draw something they're thankful for, along the line.  We started at the center and worked our way out.  It was a wonderful way to show how Thankfulness spirals through our whole school.
      >
      > Jan In Tampa

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
        You can either e-mail it to me at kenroar@... or submit it on the lesson submissions form on IAD at:

        http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/submit_lesson.php

        Use the form on IAD if you have more than one lesson to submit. Any other list members who want to submit lessons can use the form above also.

        Ken

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, muscles3 <muscles3@...> wrote:

        > Hi Ken - just uploaded the photo of my 3-d project - I am not the best computer person, but now that I've done it I can upload others - where would I write the lesson plan that goes with it?
        > Robin Hartmann
        > The NEw School Montessori
      • kathabrams1
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
          Thanksgiving discovery #1, 2010: Last year the K-1s had just finished their beginning paint units in mid-November. They had mixed primaries to make secondaries, used white for tints, and had been asking, "What about brown?" My students always seem to love color mixing for golds, army green, and other "muddy" colors. We've painted "wizard potions," where we fill up weird, jar-shaped outlines with the results of our experiments and give them funny names. But last year I did a follow-along drawing in black crayon of a turkey (classic full frontal position) on 12 x 18 paper. The students enjoyed painting the turkey with various brown mixes and brown tints. Most used rainbows on the tailfeathers. Don't forget to check out Tricia Fuglestad's "Can't Mix for Primaries" (http://fugleflicks.wikispaces.com/Karaoke_Cant_Mix_for_Primaries), which includes the emphatic "muddy is a color too!"

          Thanksgiving discovery #2, 2011: To my surprise, this year I've found that my students are strangely attracted to a cheap wicker basket cornucopia filled with small pumpkins and gourds. The big new thing I've learned about my teaching this fall is that my students really enjoy just drawing and painting these still life objects, whether as a setup or by taking parts to their table to draw.

          Kathie Abrams