Re: Ipad

  • Miki Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 27, 2011
      Wow! These are great. I'm really enjoying everything your kids do. Thank you for the insight.
    • Diane Gregory
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 27, 2011
        Tricia,

        This is a great video!  May I have your permission to show this at the Texas Art Education Association Conference the second week in November?

        I am making a presentation on using the iPad in the Art Classroom.

        Let me know.

        Thanks so much for such an inspiring video!

        Dr. Diane C. Gregory
        Associate Professor of Art Education
        Texas Woman's University
        dgregory@...

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 27, 2011
          What an amazing video!! Maybe I want an iPad afterall....!!??
          Is there a way to save this video or download it?
          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
          MaryAnn
          On Oct 27, 2011, at 9:48 AM, Diane Gregory wrote:

          Tricia,

          This is a great video!  May I have your permission to show this at the Texas Art Education Association Conference the second week in November?

          I am making a presentation on using the iPad in the Art Classroom.

          Let me know.

          Thanks so much for such an inspiring video!

          Dr. Diane C. Gregory
          Associate Professor of Art Education
          Texas Woman's University

          Too cool- can you share the apps? Thanks! Ali B.

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Tricia Fuglestad <tricia_fuglestad@...> wrote:

          > Frank,
          > I've had a chance to use the class set of iPads with each grade level K-5 for one class period this year. I documented our work with this quick video: http://vimeo.com/30244665
          > They're amazing-can't wait to try more things.
          >
          > Tricia Fuglestad, IL
          >
          > Sent from my iPad

        • Kathy Maloney Johnson
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 28, 2011
            Wow. Amazing!

            On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Frank Ayala <ayalafart@...> wrote:

            Our school is small and the art dept. has very little money for supplies.  We had to let go of teachers this school year because of financial woes.  The money for the iPads came from grants.  If I could, I would trade a couple in for some paint and paper.  No burden of wealth here!

            Sent from my iPad

            On Oct 24, 2011, at 2:24 AM, Kathy Maloney Johnson <kmaloneyjohnson@...> wrote:

            Not a suggestion but a comment. Our school cannot afford crayons and construction paper. The burden of wealth!

            On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 6:35 PM, ayalafart <ayalafart@...> wrote:

            Our school has recently supplied all our students with iPads. Thus, we are being pushed to use them as much as possible. Aside from the obvious research abilities, are there any suggestions?

            Frank

            --
            Kathy Maloney Johnson
            Art Teacher

            --
            Kathy Maloney Johnson
            Art Teacher
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 28, 2011
              Sure, embed or download- share.
              There is a button to download at the lower right side.

              The apps are listed in the video as well as links in the description leading to the posts or gallery images or extra resources I used to teach the lessons.

              Tricia

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Tricia Fuglestad <tricia_fuglestad@...> wrote:

              > Frank,
              > I've had a chance to use the class set of iPads with each grade level K-5 for one class period this year. I documented our work with this quick video: http://vimeo.com/30244665
              > They're amazing-can't wait to try more things.
              >
              > Tricia Fuglestad, IL
              >
              > Sent from my iPad

            • TriciaF
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 28, 2011
                Kindergarten used Art Doodles (to make Matisse Collages)
                Ist graders used Faces I Make
                2nd graders painted in Brushes to make a Spooky Tree
                3rd graders did a sketch of a leaf in Brushes
                4th and 5th graders layered images in Brushes after accessing them first in the Dropbox

                There are lots of extra links for more info in the description area of the movie
                http://vimeo.com/30244665