re: making books.

  • A. Thielke
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2011
    Here is a hand out on how to make your own sketchbooks. Feel free to
    use it or manipulate it to your needs. This last year we took 8.5x14"
    copy paper and folded it in half and used tacks to create our holes.
    We sewed the signatures together with needles and thread and made
    covers with donated fabric from furniture fabric samples. The
    cardboard we used was from cereal boxes that the kids brought in. We
    used white glue to glue it together but I recommend tacky glue if you
    can afford it. The students teach their books with a lot more respect
    than they would notebooks. I have them take notes, write out
    assignment guidelines, do daily sketches and create planning sketches
    in their books. They get to decorate their cover and since we spent a
    significant amount of time making them, they area also a part of the
    first art show.

    Angela