homework

  • Larry Seiler
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2011
      Its a frustrating age...at the high school level...many music instructors struggle with their programs especially in smaller schools because those schools depend on the numbers to run their sports programs.  Night practices, games...core academic homework...plus find time to practice instruments?  The result is...kids that value sports will then tend to shy from the music program.

      With a hands-on class like art...one might think the time in the classroom enough.

      I guess what I'd do...is create a project where the students make, sew/bind...their own sketchbooks (if you can't afford to acquire them)...(and there are online tutorials on making sketchbooks...books in general)...and then have the students sketch so many things per week.  They could also journal...that is write thoughts along the side of the pictures and so forth.

      Larry

      --
      artist's website- http://larryseiler.com
      my art blog- http://larryseiler.blogspot.com