Re: [art_education] looking for "special art" curriculum ideas

  • Kathleen Maledon
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2011
      If you draw a coloring book design, kids can use rubbing plates to color it in.
      using fat crayons reduces any fine motor problems.  k
      On Oct 16, 2011, at 7:35 AM, jennieauble wrote:

      My schedule at school this year allowed me one extra free period during our 3rd trimester so I am going to teach a class for our mild and moderate special ed kids that are 6-8th grade. They will have peer facilitators in the classroom to help them do some of our regular 8th art activities, but I am also looking for some fun unit ideas that we can work on over the 12 week session. Thanks for any suggestions and feel free to share off-line if you have any great lesson ideas or visuals. aublej@...

    • Barbara Yalof
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 17, 2011

        I agree- daily monsters was a hit. I bought computer dust cleaner to spray on ink, which worked great. Very creative ideas emerged! Ask them to use 2 or more together and create a scene.

        Barbara

        cid:058b01c82f77$cffb5d70$6901a8c0@D6BC5Y51Barbara Yalof