Re: looking for "special art" curriculum ideas

  • katholson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2011
      Take a look at www.dailymonsters.com
      My middle schoolers loved making them! There are videos you can show on how he makes them. The Language Arts teachers used them as inspiration for some writing.
      Kathy Olson
    • Kathleen Maledon
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 17, 2011
        If you draw a coloring book design, kids can use rubbing plates to color it in.
        using fat crayons reduces any fine motor problems.  k
        On Oct 16, 2011, at 7:35 AM, jennieauble wrote:

        My schedule at school this year allowed me one extra free period during our 3rd trimester so I am going to teach a class for our mild and moderate special ed kids that are 6-8th grade. They will have peer facilitators in the classroom to help them do some of our regular 8th art activities, but I am also looking for some fun unit ideas that we can work on over the 12 week session. Thanks for any suggestions and feel free to share off-line if you have any great lesson ideas or visuals. aublej@...

      • Barbara Yalof
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 17, 2011

          I agree- daily monsters was a hit. I bought computer dust cleaner to spray on ink, which worked great. Very creative ideas emerged! Ask them to use 2 or more together and create a scene.

          Barbara

          cid:058b01c82f77$cffb5d70$6901a8c0@D6BC5Y51Barbara Yalof