installing artwork

  • Terri Frohman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2011
      Does anyone have an article students in HS might be able to read about
      installing artwork?
      My kids made elements of art cubes and I would like them to put them on
      a string and hang them on our ceiling. Friday the project is due so we
      will have an installation party. But I would like them to read
      something about the process.

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks!
      Terri NYC
    • NewDay
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2011
        Hi Terri,

        I have done many presentations with various props. Might I suggest you first look at what the ceiling is made of first. Be careful. Not sure how heavy the cubes are. I would recommend that you look for the main support, use a stud finder. Then secure and mount a painted wooden beam to the ceiling surface, and then add hooks for the individual art pieces. Hope that helps.

        Kelly