looking for "special art" curriculum ideas

  • jennieauble
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 16, 2011
      My schedule at school this year allowed me one extra free period during our 3rd trimester so I am going to teach a class for our mild and moderate special ed kids that are 6-8th grade. They will have peer facilitators in the classroom to help them do some of our regular 8th art activities, but I am also looking for some fun unit ideas that we can work on over the 12 week session. Thanks for any suggestions and feel free to share off-line if you have any great lesson ideas or visuals. aublej@...
    • katholson
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 17, 2011
        Take a look at www.dailymonsters.com
        My middle schoolers loved making them! There are videos you can show on how he makes them. The Language Arts teachers used them as inspiration for some writing.
        Kathy Olson
      • Andrew Darlow
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 17, 2011
          Hi everyone:

          I thought that members of this list might be interested in learning about this student photography contest. It is free to enter, and students 14-18 years of age are eligible.

          Information about the contest can be found here:
          http://www.jgsinc.org/resolution/resolution-contest/

          I know the organization who is running it, and can vouch for their professionalism.

          All the best,

          Andrew

          Andrew Darlow
          Editor, The Imaging Buffet
          http://www.imagingbuffet.com
          Author, 301 Inkjet Tips and Techniques:
          An Essential Printing Resource for Photographers - http://www.inkjettips.com
          and
          Pet Photography 101:
          Tips for Taking Better Photos of Your Dog or Cat - http://www.PhotoPetTips.com
          http://facebook.com/andrewdarlow
        • Kathleen Maledon
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 17, 2011
            If you draw a coloring book design, kids can use rubbing plates to color it in.
            using fat crayons reduces any fine motor problems.  k
            On Oct 16, 2011, at 7:35 AM, jennieauble wrote:

            My schedule at school this year allowed me one extra free period during our 3rd trimester so I am going to teach a class for our mild and moderate special ed kids that are 6-8th grade. They will have peer facilitators in the classroom to help them do some of our regular 8th art activities, but I am also looking for some fun unit ideas that we can work on over the 12 week session. Thanks for any suggestions and feel free to share off-line if you have any great lesson ideas or visuals. aublej@...

          • Barbara Yalof
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 17, 2011

              I agree- daily monsters was a hit. I bought computer dust cleaner to spray on ink, which worked great. Very creative ideas emerged! Ask them to use 2 or more together and create a scene.

              Barbara

              cid:058b01c82f77$cffb5d70$6901a8c0@D6BC5Y51Barbara Yalof