introducing pattern to preschoolers/art project?

  • Jennifer Freck
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2011
      Hello!  I'm teaching once a week to a group of preschoolers - 20+ in each classroom.  The age groups are 2-3, and 3-5.  I'd like to introduce pattern to them in an age-appropriate activity; any ideas for a book and a project for the toddler crowd and the pre-K crowd respectively?  It's a challenge because I have about 1/2 hour with each class.  Sometimes I'm able to bring them into the studio to work in small groups; however this time I'll be working with all of the kids in each class at one time for this particular session.  Thanks so much for your ideas and wisdom!
      Jenna
      (Alameda, CA)
    • TriciaF
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2011
        I have a great time filler and educational tool: the fugleflick video REPEAT
        http://vimeo.com/6389700

        I even set up a Karaoke page for it on my wiki so after kids learn the song they can sing along (Matilda adds backup vocals):
        http://fugleflicks.wikispaces.com/Karaoke_Repeat

        Tricia Fuglestad, IL