Re: art and time

  • Kincaid, Holly
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
      Ann Hamilton has done several installations based on time, decay and change. Look up her melting wax piece from the Mattress Factory in Pittsburg or her piece for the Venice Biennale in 2000

      Holly Bess Kincaid
    • Makio Kawashima
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
        Dear all,

        For TOKYO MOTOR SHOW
        Production workshop is here:
        "Produce A Ecology-Conscious Car in e-Learning education"
        http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/artcommunal/carpage.htm

        Makio KAWASHIMA
        Art e-Learning Center
        http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/epage.html
        Post your School Art Sites!
        http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/Schoolgallery.htm
        The Aims of  Visual Arts Education
        http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/artcommunal/ArtEducationProgram.html
      • MarciaB
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
          Jamie Livingston, a photographer, took a poloraid photo every day for 18 years until he died. http://www.silberstudios.tv/blog/2011/06/photographer-snaps-polaroid-photo-every-day-for-18-years/
          http://photooftheday.hughcrawford.com/1979.htm#1979/1

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, MARYANN KOHL <maryann@...> wrote:

          > There's always that painting by Dali that shows a clock melted... not
          > about the kind of time you asked about, but still pretty symbolic.
          > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
          > MaryAnn
          >
          > On Oct 2, 2011, at 7:28 AM, LINDA WOODS wrote:
          >
          > > Andy Goldsworthy. His art is made from natural materials that won't
          > > all last forever...decay will happen to some of them.
          > >
          > > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, azalea64es <no_reply@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were
          > > or are
          > > > working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how
          > > time
          > > > can change things....
          > > >
          > > > I am interested on references and photos.
          > > >
          > > > And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas
          > > > great too!!!
          > > >
          > > > We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with
          > > little
          > > > ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put
          > > some
          > > > photos too....
          > > >
          > > > thanks a lot!!

        • azalea64es
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 8, 2011
            Thanks your help is fantastic.....

            I am still looking for more ideas around contemporanean art and looking also material like ice, wax, and more.....
            Dont you imagine how grateful i am...thanks thanks a lot!!!

            This artitst reminds me Andy Goldworthy:
            http://fernandorubioahumada.blogspot.com/

            I am also reading about the importance of respecting the infant rhythm...are they stressed? why? is education too demanding? Has children time to play? Do they have their own time? what about silence?....

            keep close!!

            “We don't have an eternity
            to realize our dreams, only the time we are here.” Susan Taylor.