Re: [art_education] art and time

  • Kathleen Maledon
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2011
      I did a unit once on change with poetry, science, etc.  It was fun and a basic
      understanding for all to learn.  We went outside to document.  k
      On Oct 1, 2011, at 10:09 AM, azalea64es wrote:

      Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were or are working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how time can change things....

      I am interested on references and photos.

      And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas great too!!!

      We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with little ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put some photos too....

      thanks a lot!!

                                            “We don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here.” Susan Taylor.

    • MARYANN KOHL
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2011
        There's always that painting by Dali that shows a clock melted... not about the kind of time you asked about, but still pretty symbolic.
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
        MaryAnn

        On Oct 2, 2011, at 7:28 AM, LINDA WOODS wrote:

        Andy Goldsworthy. His art is made from natural materials that won't all last forever...decay will happen to some of them.

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, azalea64es <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were or are
        > working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how time
        > can change things....
        >
        > I am interested on references and photos.
        >
        > And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas
        > great too!!!
        >
        > We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with little
        > ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put some
        > photos too....
        >
        > thanks a lot!!

      • Kincaid, Holly
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
          Ann Hamilton has done several installations based on time, decay and change. Look up her melting wax piece from the Mattress Factory in Pittsburg or her piece for the Venice Biennale in 2000

          Holly Bess Kincaid
        • Makio Kawashima
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
            Dear all,

            For TOKYO MOTOR SHOW
            Production workshop is here:
            "Produce A Ecology-Conscious Car in e-Learning education"
            http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/artcommunal/carpage.htm

            Makio KAWASHIMA
            Art e-Learning Center
            http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/epage.html
            Post your School Art Sites!
            http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/Schoolgallery.htm
            The Aims of  Visual Arts Education
            http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/artcommunal/ArtEducationProgram.html
          • MarciaB
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
              Jamie Livingston, a photographer, took a poloraid photo every day for 18 years until he died. http://www.silberstudios.tv/blog/2011/06/photographer-snaps-polaroid-photo-every-day-for-18-years/
              http://photooftheday.hughcrawford.com/1979.htm#1979/1

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, MARYANN KOHL <maryann@...> wrote:

              > There's always that painting by Dali that shows a clock melted... not
              > about the kind of time you asked about, but still pretty symbolic.
              > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
              > MaryAnn
              >
              > On Oct 2, 2011, at 7:28 AM, LINDA WOODS wrote:
              >
              > > Andy Goldsworthy. His art is made from natural materials that won't
              > > all last forever...decay will happen to some of them.
              > >
              > > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, azalea64es <no_reply@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were
              > > or are
              > > > working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how
              > > time
              > > > can change things....
              > > >
              > > > I am interested on references and photos.
              > > >
              > > > And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas
              > > > great too!!!
              > > >
              > > > We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with
              > > little
              > > > ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put
              > > some
              > > > photos too....
              > > >
              > > > thanks a lot!!

            • azalea64es
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 8, 2011
                Thanks your help is fantastic.....

                I am still looking for more ideas around contemporanean art and looking also material like ice, wax, and more.....
                Dont you imagine how grateful i am...thanks thanks a lot!!!

                This artitst reminds me Andy Goldworthy:
                http://fernandorubioahumada.blogspot.com/

                I am also reading about the importance of respecting the infant rhythm...are they stressed? why? is education too demanding? Has children time to play? Do they have their own time? what about silence?....

                keep close!!