Re: art and time

  • LINDA WOODS
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2011
      Andy Goldsworthy. His art is made from natural materials that won't all last forever...decay will happen to some of them.

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, azalea64es <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were or are
      > working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how time
      > can change things....
      >
      > I am interested on references and photos.
      >
      > And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas
      > great too!!!
      >
      > We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with little
      > ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put some
      > photos too....
      >
      > thanks a lot!!
      >

      > “We don't have an eternity
      > to realize our dreams, only the time we are here.” Susan Taylor.

    • Kathleen Maledon

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2011
          There's always that painting by Dali that shows a clock melted... not about the kind of time you asked about, but still pretty symbolic.
          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
          MaryAnn

          On Oct 2, 2011, at 7:28 AM, LINDA WOODS wrote:

          Andy Goldsworthy. His art is made from natural materials that won't all last forever...decay will happen to some of them.

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, azalea64es <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were or are
          > working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how time
          > can change things....
          >
          > I am interested on references and photos.
          >
          > And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas
          > great too!!!
          >
          > We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with little
          > ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put some
          > photos too....
          >
          > thanks a lot!!

        • Kincaid, Holly
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
            Ann Hamilton has done several installations based on time, decay and change. Look up her melting wax piece from the Mattress Factory in Pittsburg or her piece for the Venice Biennale in 2000

            Holly Bess Kincaid
          • Makio Kawashima
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
              Dear all,

              For TOKYO MOTOR SHOW
              Production workshop is here:
              "Produce A Ecology-Conscious Car in e-Learning education"
              http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/artcommunal/carpage.htm

              Makio KAWASHIMA
              Art e-Learning Center
              http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/epage.html
              Post your School Art Sites!
              http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/Schoolgallery.htm
              The Aims of  Visual Arts Education
              http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/artcommunal/ArtEducationProgram.html
            • MarciaB
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
                Jamie Livingston, a photographer, took a poloraid photo every day for 18 years until he died. http://www.silberstudios.tv/blog/2011/06/photographer-snaps-polaroid-photo-every-day-for-18-years/
                http://photooftheday.hughcrawford.com/1979.htm#1979/1

                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, MARYANN KOHL <maryann@...> wrote:

                > There's always that painting by Dali that shows a clock melted... not
                > about the kind of time you asked about, but still pretty symbolic.
                > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                > MaryAnn
                >
                > On Oct 2, 2011, at 7:28 AM, LINDA WOODS wrote:
                >
                > > Andy Goldsworthy. His art is made from natural materials that won't
                > > all last forever...decay will happen to some of them.
                > >
                > > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, azalea64es <no_reply@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were
                > > or are
                > > > working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how
                > > time
                > > > can change things....
                > > >
                > > > I am interested on references and photos.
                > > >
                > > > And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas
                > > > great too!!!
                > > >
                > > > We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with
                > > little
                > > > ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put
                > > some
                > > > photos too....
                > > >
                > > > thanks a lot!!

              • azalea64es
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 8, 2011
                  Thanks your help is fantastic.....

                  I am still looking for more ideas around contemporanean art and looking also material like ice, wax, and more.....
                  Dont you imagine how grateful i am...thanks thanks a lot!!!

                  This artitst reminds me Andy Goldworthy:
                  http://fernandorubioahumada.blogspot.com/

                  I am also reading about the importance of respecting the infant rhythm...are they stressed? why? is education too demanding? Has children time to play? Do they have their own time? what about silence?....

                  keep close!!