art and time

  • azalea64es
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2011
      Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were or are working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how time can change things....

      I am interested on references and photos.

      And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas great too!!!

      We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with little ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put some photos too....

      thanks a lot!!

                                            “We don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here.” Susan Taylor.

    • LINDA WOODS
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2011
        Andy Goldsworthy. His art is made from natural materials that won't all last forever...decay will happen to some of them.

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, azalea64es <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were or are
        > working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how time
        > can change things....
        >
        > I am interested on references and photos.
        >
        > And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas
        > great too!!!
        >
        > We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with little
        > ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put some
        > photos too....
        >
        > thanks a lot!!
        >

        > “We don't have an eternity
        > to realize our dreams, only the time we are here.” Susan Taylor.

      • Kathleen Maledon

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2011
            There's always that painting by Dali that shows a clock melted... not about the kind of time you asked about, but still pretty symbolic.
            . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
            MaryAnn

            On Oct 2, 2011, at 7:28 AM, LINDA WOODS wrote:

            Andy Goldsworthy. His art is made from natural materials that won't all last forever...decay will happen to some of them.

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, azalea64es <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were or are
            > working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how time
            > can change things....
            >
            > I am interested on references and photos.
            >
            > And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas
            > great too!!!
            >
            > We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with little
            > ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put some
            > photos too....
            >
            > thanks a lot!!

          • Kincaid, Holly
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
              Ann Hamilton has done several installations based on time, decay and change. Look up her melting wax piece from the Mattress Factory in Pittsburg or her piece for the Venice Biennale in 2000

              Holly Bess Kincaid
            • Makio Kawashima
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
                Dear all,

                For TOKYO MOTOR SHOW
                Production workshop is here:
                "Produce A Ecology-Conscious Car in e-Learning education"
                http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/artcommunal/carpage.htm

                Makio KAWASHIMA
                Art e-Learning Center
                http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/epage.html
                Post your School Art Sites!
                http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/Schoolgallery.htm
                The Aims of  Visual Arts Education
                http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/artcommunal/ArtEducationProgram.html
              • MarciaB
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
                  Jamie Livingston, a photographer, took a poloraid photo every day for 18 years until he died. http://www.silberstudios.tv/blog/2011/06/photographer-snaps-polaroid-photo-every-day-for-18-years/
                  http://photooftheday.hughcrawford.com/1979.htm#1979/1

                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, MARYANN KOHL <maryann@...> wrote:

                  > There's always that painting by Dali that shows a clock melted... not
                  > about the kind of time you asked about, but still pretty symbolic.
                  > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                  > MaryAnn
                  >
                  > On Oct 2, 2011, at 7:28 AM, LINDA WOODS wrote:
                  >
                  > > Andy Goldsworthy. His art is made from natural materials that won't
                  > > all last forever...decay will happen to some of them.
                  > >
                  > > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, azalea64es <no_reply@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Can you help me, I am looking for contemporanean artists who were
                  > > or are
                  > > > working art and time....how time passes by, how you feel time, how
                  > > time
                  > > > can change things....
                  > > >
                  > > > I am interested on references and photos.
                  > > >
                  > > > And, if there is a teacher who might be interested on sharing ideas
                  > > > great too!!!
                  > > >
                  > > > We are going to create a huge installation soon at school with
                  > > little
                  > > > ice sculptures, just to see how they dissapear.....soon i will put
                  > > some
                  > > > photos too....
                  > > >
                  > > > thanks a lot!!

                • azalea64es
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 8, 2011
                    Thanks your help is fantastic.....

                    I am still looking for more ideas around contemporanean art and looking also material like ice, wax, and more.....
                    Dont you imagine how grateful i am...thanks thanks a lot!!!

                    This artitst reminds me Andy Goldworthy:
                    http://fernandorubioahumada.blogspot.com/

                    I am also reading about the importance of respecting the infant rhythm...are they stressed? why? is education too demanding? Has children time to play? Do they have their own time? what about silence?....

                    keep close!!