Kindergarten Curriculum/Lesson Ideas

  • Jean Nickel
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2011
      Several years ago my school district added Kindergarten to my course load. Even after all of these years I still struggle to come up with really great projects for these little people. Does anyone have a Kindergarten Art Curriculum or some really great lessons that they would like to share with me?

      Please feel free to email me with your thoughts and/or ideas.

      Thanks,

      Jean from NY
    • The Elemental Art Room
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 12, 2011
        I would be interested in responses, as well. I love the energy of my Kinders, but I struggle with that age more than others when looking for appropriate, successful art experiences that fit in a 30 minute block.

        Thanks for posting this question!

        Rebecca in FL

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Nickel" <jnickel@...> wrote:

        > Several years ago my school district added Kindergarten to my course load. Even after all of these years I still struggle to come up with really great projects for these little people. Does anyone have a Kindergarten Art Curriculum or some really great lessons that they would like to share with me?
        >
        > Please feel free to email me with your thoughts and/or ideas.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jean from NY

      • MarciaB
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 12, 2011
          Check out my blog for kindergarten ideas!
          http://vividlayers.blogspot.com/search/label/kindergarten

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Nickel" <jnickel@...> wrote:

          > Several years ago my school district added Kindergarten to my course load. Even after all of these years I still struggle to come up with really great projects for these little people. Does anyone have a Kindergarten Art Curriculum or some really great lessons that they would like to share with me?
          >
          > Please feel free to email me with your thoughts and/or ideas.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Jean from NY

        • N
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 21, 2011
            Hi group, I also struggle with finding great lessons for my primary students. These are some websites that I came across: mrsbrownart.com, artlessonsforkids.wordpress.com, and deepspacesparkle.com. I found some really good lessons that worked well with my primary classes. Hope this helps!

            Nabu
          • MarciaB
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 22, 2011
              Check out my blog for ideas! http://vividlayers.blogspot.com

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, N <ignuluban@...> wrote:

              > Hi group, I also struggle with finding great lessons for my primary students. These are some websites that I came across: mrsbrownart.com, artlessonsforkids.wordpress.com, and deepspacesparkle.com. I found some really good lessons that worked well with my primary classes. Hope this helps!
              >
              > Nabu

            • muscles3
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 23, 2011
                Artsonia is one of the best sites - It has lesson plans, photos for just about any age. and you can post your kids work on it!
                Robin Hartmann

                From:MarciaB <marciadotcom@...>
                Subject:[art_education] Re: Kindergarten Curriculum/Lesson Ideas
                Date:September 22, 2011 9:02:44 AM EDT
                To:art_education@yahoogroups.com

                Check out my blog for ideas! http://vividlayers.blogspot.com

                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, N <ignuluban@...> wrote:

                > Hi group, I also struggle with finding great lessons for my primary students. These are some websites that I came across: mrsbrownart.com, artlessonsforkids.wordpress.com, and deepspacesparkle.com. I found some really good lessons that worked well with my primary classes. Hope this helps!
                >
                > Nabu

              • muscles3
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 23, 2011
                  Love your blog! Thanks!

                  From:MarciaB <marciadotcom@...>
                  Date:September 22, 2011 9:02:44 AM EDT
                  To:art_education@yahoogroups.com

                  Check out my blog for ideas! http://vividlayers.blogspot.com

                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, N <ignuluban@...> wrote:

                  > Hi group, I also struggle with finding great lessons for my primary students. These are some websites that I came across: mrsbrownart.com, artlessonsforkids.wordpress.com, and deepspacesparkle.com. I found some really good lessons that worked well with my primary classes. Hope this helps!
                  >
                  > Nabu

                • N
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 24, 2011
                    Your blog is great! Thanks for sharing!

                    Nabu
                  • robinesp
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 24, 2011
                      During the 1st quarter every year in Kindergarten we create an art book. I use 12x18 construction paper for the projects so they are all the same size and we cover the elements of art. I add labels to each page describing simply what it's about, add an about the author page with a picture of the child and staple it all together to send home. For example, so far we have made a pattern caterpillar, color mixing painting, line painting and shape collage. We will soon add in a texture page and so on. I also add a "I can create anything when I use my imagination" page and a cover of course. The parents LOVE it.

                      Robin S