Meaning of LAST names

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 6:47 PM
      Dear Art Educators,

      I know you folks don't get into the etymology of words as much as I do
      (smile).
      But just in case you want to do a lesson on names and their meaning....
      Here is the Behind the Names - Surnames (limited list):
      http://surnames.behindthename.com/
      Also see About .com (Limited list of names)
      http://genealogy.about.com/library/surnames/bl_meaning.htm
      I just happened across these two sites looking for the meaning of a friend's
      last name - found my own too.

      This is the first name site:
      http://www.behindthename.com/

      There are good sites for Islamic/Muslim names, too.

      For folks who DO like the word origins...Microsoft Encarta Dictionary is an
      excellent source. I don't even have a hard copy dictionary in my office
      anymore. Encarta even has the origin of many "naughty" words.

      I liked doing art about words.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources