Last Call - Fall/Winter Tip In Exchange

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2011
      Greetings Art Educators,

      There is still time to join the Fall/Winter Tip In Exchange. Mail to
      me tentative date would be January 31 (but that is flexible if folks
      need more time. I think last year, the pages didn't get mailed out
      until March to allow more to participate).

      Theme: Once Upon a Dream (or Once Upon a Time - whichever works best
      with your idea).
      Quantity: six pages - mail me five (yes, they can all be the same
      thing - but must be by your hand - no color photocopies).
      Media: anything goes! (except the no color photocopies rule)
      Size: this is where you get to decide as I don't even know yet which
      format will work better for mine. 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (half a standard 8
      1/2 x 11) on both sides - OR an inside spread 11" x 8 1/2" folded (or
      two facing 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"). Some of those who signed on early like
      the facing spread, while others like the single page front and
      back....and still others had no preference.

      Usually for the inside facing spread, I recommend you do something
      simple on the back sides, but I will let each member who receives the
      pages decide what to do with the back sides if you don't want to do
      the extra work. When I have received inside facing pages with blank
      back sides, I often buy some pretty hand made paper and fuse that to
      the back. If, however your back sides are "yucky" looking (paint or
      ink smudges and so forth), please do cover them with something simple
      (a solid color paper is fine). You could put your techniques and
      meaning on the back side (as I often have done).

      Reply to me OFF list if you want to join (email jdecker4art at
      gmail.com). I will keep the group open for one more week. Include the
      following:
      First and last name:
      Preferred email address:
      Home address:
      Phone number:
      I do not share home addresses or phone numbers with the group - and
      have only used phone numbers myself if email doesn't work.

      Anyone who wants an explanation of what a Tip In is - please Google.
      There are scads and scads of sites out there with how-to's and images
      - as well as how to tip into a book.