How to get permission to use copyrighted music

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      I answered this question on the tech ed list (off list)

      This page has information on how to get permission to use copyrighted music in presentations.

      Personally? If it is not for profit and not going to be published anywhere  - only to be used in your own classroom.... I would "just do it"....I won't tell the world that - just you folks. We already found out how tough it is to get permission from some artists to use images in PowerPoint. I wouldn't compound the problem. You just can't have your presentation shown on TV or a web site - or in a public performance without getting permission.
      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources
    • Presutti
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2004
        Judy, are we allowed to use images made by other artist on powerpoint to show our in our classroom? and if so are we allowed to set up links for our students on our school servers to access this information?

        Do you Yahoo!?