Re: [art_education] Re: Anyone? Anyone?

  • Pam
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
      Are you looking for an undergrad pre-service program? Grad school? A place
      to teach?

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
        I started out as an Art Ed major in NC back in 1995, and now I am
        considering returning to school to finish what I started.

        I have an AAS and some certificates, but no bachelors, so it would
        have to be undergrad.

        THANKS for your help!

        "Pam" <pgstephens@n...> wrote:
        > Are you looking for an undergrad pre-service program? Grad
        school? A place
        > to teach?

      • Pam
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
          There are many quality art ed schools around the country. Do you want to
          move?

          Of course I am prejudice towards my own program (Northern AZ University,
          Flagstaff), but there's Penn State, University of Texas, University of North
          Texas, the Ohio State University, of FL at Gainesville to name a few.

          If you are thinking of continuing later with grad work, it is usually better
          to complete undergrad in one place and graduate in another.

          Pam

        • SPienschke@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
            Illinois State University has the best art ed program in IL...and I'm not just saying that cause I went there. It's very good.
          • Ken Rohrer
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
              *Following are some links that may be helpful:

              Bainbridge College, The Division of Arts and Sciences
              <http://artschools.com/cgi-bin/trk.cgi?http://www.bbc.peachnet.edu/academics/arts_sci/pro_stu.htm>*
              2500 E. Shotwell St.
              Bainbridge, GA 31717, US
              (912) 248-2560 Fax: (912) 248-2589

              University of Florida
              http://www.arts.ufl.edu/ART/arted.html

              The University of Georgia Lamar Dodd School of Art
              http://www.visart.uga.edu/html/arted.php?getLinks=getTopPrograms&getContent=getPrograms&contentValue=1

              Links to Georgia art schools
              http://www.a2zcolleges.com/arts/georgia.html

              Links to Florida art schools
              http://www.a2zcolleges.com/arts/florida.html

              Ken

              > Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 01:28:05 -0000
              > From: "wendy_z77" <wednesdayorleans@...>
              >Subject: Anyone in GA/FL or studied Art Ed online?
              >
              >I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any good online
              >groups related to art education. I have some questions...
              >
              >Can anyone tell me which schools in Southeastern GA and Northeastern
              >FL offers Art Ed degrees?
              >
              >What online schools offer Art Ed degrees?
              >
              >THANKS!

            • Jóhanna Ingimarsdóttir
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 5, 2004
                On Monday, April 5, 2004, at 06:36 AM, Ken Rohrer wrote:

                > *Following are some links that may be helpful:
                >
                > Bainbridge College, The Division of Arts and Sciences
                > <http://artschools.com/cgi-bin/trk.cgi?http://www.bbc.peachnet.edu/
                > academics/arts_sci/pro_stu.htm>*
                > 2500 E. Shotwell St.
                > Bainbridge, GA 31717, US
                > (912) 248-2560 Fax: (912) 248-2589
                >
                > University of Florida
                > http://www.arts.ufl.edu/ART/arted.html
                >
                > The University of Georgia Lamar Dodd School of Art
                > http://www.visart.uga.edu/html/
                > arted.php?getLinks=getTopPrograms&getContent=getPrograms&contentValue=1
                >
                > Links to Georgia art schools
                > http://www.a2zcolleges.com/arts/georgia.html
                >
                > Links to Florida art schools
                > http://www.a2zcolleges.com/arts/florida.html
                >
                > Ken
                > -------------------
                >
                >> Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 01:28:05 -0000
                >> From: "wendy_z77" <wednesdayorleans@...>
                >> Subject: Anyone in GA/FL or studied Art Ed online?
                >>
                >> I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any good online
                >> groups related to art education. I have some questions...
                >>
                >> Can anyone tell me which schools in Southeastern GA and Northeastern
                >> FL offers Art Ed degrees?
                >>
                >> What online schools offer Art Ed degrees?
                >>
                >> THANKS!
                >>

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                -----
                Jóhanna Þ. Ingimarsdóttir