(USA folks) Just for those of you who believe in a God

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2004
      (Do not take offense anyone -- this is for USA folks who are as concerned as
      I am).

      Dear Art Educators,

      YOU are the ones that can get the concept of God/Gods across to kids.
      Religion/beliefs IS part of YOUR curriculum. EVERY one has a right to
      choose.

      "One Nation Under God with Liberty and Justice for ALL"
      I am ONE person having a voice.....and I like the sound of that...."One
      Nation under George with Liberty and Justice for all who think like George"
      doesn't work for me. I am allowed to think like this today - this is my
      church. I am conserving gas by staying home as my physical church is thirty
      miles away (besides hubby has my vehicle). The Lord is in this house
      (meaning of the German word church) - so I am OK.

      Now....George is supposed to be "farmer, earthworker"...However our George
      thinks he is the dragon slayer.
      http://www.behindthename.com/nm/g.html and it is his job to slay all of the
      dragons in the world....and that concerns me right now. ONLY in American can
      we speak like this about our leaders..... I do like all of my freedoms. I
      will continue to say One Nation Under God - EVEN if they take that part
      out - because that is MY freedom.

      What's the W stand for again? I forget..... Maybe he is living that name?

      I do LIKE the sound of "One Nation Under John with Liberty and Justice for
      ALL"......After all John means "YAHWEH is gracious"....and John and I are
      "related" - John = Johannes = Joan....LOL).

      Pardon my "political" post....and please take no offense - none intended.
      Give me all you anti John forwarded emails and I twist them around to a
      positive. I would be a good spin doctor (grin).

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources
    • I Arcement
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2004
        Let's face it, Judy, when alcoholics need to get off of the "stuff", who do they think the nation is under?  God of course is the salvation of their life!!!  I can't understand why anyone can say that God doesn't exist if we can't get off the "stuff" without Him!  This nation was created "under God", so why can't people accept that fact and "give it up"?  I enjoyed your post, so keep it up!!!

        Love ya,
        Idus in southern Mississippi (about an hour from New Orleans)