intro to art: first drawing project suggestions?

  • Terri Frohman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2011
      I am trying to change my first drawing unit up a bit, and do something
      different.
      In 8th grade i did a more technical first drawing project - 1 pt.
      perspective.
      In 9th grade I have done a week of drawing on the right side of the
      brain stuff including gesture, blind, and contour practices I then jump
      into a neg. and positive project.

      But now that I am having a mix of old and new students (some who have
      already done last years stuff) i have to continue to change things.

      Any suggestions on first drawing unit project? Besides the generic
      still lifes?
      i was thinking, teaching about las vanitas and doing small group
      still-lifes on small ATC's. They could use any kind of perspective,
      compostions, style, etc. Pen, color, b/w, etc.

      Any other suggestions though? 9-12th grade appropriate.

      thanks!