Re: Anyone? Anyone?

  • wendy_z77
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4 6:17 AM
      I am really having a hard time finding good Art Ed schools!
    • Pam
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4 9:10 AM
        Are you looking for an undergrad pre-service program? Grad school? A place
        to teach?

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4 3:09 PM
          I started out as an Art Ed major in NC back in 1995, and now I am
          considering returning to school to finish what I started.

          I have an AAS and some certificates, but no bachelors, so it would
          have to be undergrad.

          THANKS for your help!

          "Pam" <pgstephens@n...> wrote:
          > Are you looking for an undergrad pre-service program? Grad
          school? A place
          > to teach?

        • Pam
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4 6:28 PM
            There are many quality art ed schools around the country. Do you want to
            move?

            Of course I am prejudice towards my own program (Northern AZ University,
            Flagstaff), but there's Penn State, University of Texas, University of North
            Texas, the Ohio State University, of FL at Gainesville to name a few.

            If you are thinking of continuing later with grad work, it is usually better
            to complete undergrad in one place and graduate in another.

            Pam

          • SPienschke@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4 10:06 PM
              Illinois State University has the best art ed program in IL...and I'm not just saying that cause I went there. It's very good.
            • Ken Rohrer
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 4 11:36 PM
                *Following are some links that may be helpful:

                Bainbridge College, The Division of Arts and Sciences
                <http://artschools.com/cgi-bin/trk.cgi?http://www.bbc.peachnet.edu/academics/arts_sci/pro_stu.htm>*
                2500 E. Shotwell St.
                Bainbridge, GA 31717, US
                (912) 248-2560 Fax: (912) 248-2589

                University of Florida
                http://www.arts.ufl.edu/ART/arted.html

                The University of Georgia Lamar Dodd School of Art
                http://www.visart.uga.edu/html/arted.php?getLinks=getTopPrograms&getContent=getPrograms&contentValue=1

                Links to Georgia art schools
                http://www.a2zcolleges.com/arts/georgia.html

                Links to Florida art schools
                http://www.a2zcolleges.com/arts/florida.html

                Ken

                > Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 01:28:05 -0000
                > From: "wendy_z77" <wednesdayorleans@...>
                >Subject: Anyone in GA/FL or studied Art Ed online?
                >
                >I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any good online
                >groups related to art education. I have some questions...
                >
                >Can anyone tell me which schools in Southeastern GA and Northeastern
                >FL offers Art Ed degrees?
                >
                >What online schools offer Art Ed degrees?
                >
                >THANKS!

              • Jóhanna Ingimarsdóttir
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 5 10:42 AM
                  On Monday, April 5, 2004, at 06:36 AM, Ken Rohrer wrote:

                  > *Following are some links that may be helpful:
                  >
                  > Bainbridge College, The Division of Arts and Sciences
                  > <http://artschools.com/cgi-bin/trk.cgi?http://www.bbc.peachnet.edu/
                  > academics/arts_sci/pro_stu.htm>*
                  > 2500 E. Shotwell St.
                  > Bainbridge, GA 31717, US
                  > (912) 248-2560 Fax: (912) 248-2589
                  >
                  > University of Florida
                  > http://www.arts.ufl.edu/ART/arted.html
                  >
                  > The University of Georgia Lamar Dodd School of Art
                  > http://www.visart.uga.edu/html/
                  > arted.php?getLinks=getTopPrograms&getContent=getPrograms&contentValue=1
                  >
                  > Links to Georgia art schools
                  > http://www.a2zcolleges.com/arts/georgia.html
                  >
                  > Links to Florida art schools
                  > http://www.a2zcolleges.com/arts/florida.html
                  >
                  > Ken
                  > -------------------
                  >
                  >> Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 01:28:05 -0000
                  >> From: "wendy_z77" <wednesdayorleans@...>
                  >> Subject: Anyone in GA/FL or studied Art Ed online?
                  >>
                  >> I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any good online
                  >> groups related to art education. I have some questions...
                  >>
                  >> Can anyone tell me which schools in Southeastern GA and Northeastern
                  >> FL offers Art Ed degrees?
                  >>
                  >> What online schools offer Art Ed degrees?
                  >>
                  >> THANKS!
                  >>

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  -----
                  Jóhanna Þ. Ingimarsdóttir