Re: A New Self-Funding Clay Art Project

  • shellysart
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2011
      I too am skeptical. Whenever I see something is "free", I ask why some one would want to do anything for free. Indeed, once you read through the entire post, it says you have to ask families/parents for the money.....

      I don't know about other teachers/schools, but at my school families are constantly bombarded with requests for money for something at school.

      It is to the point that they highly discourage asking parents for anything monetary unless it is a project or trip that will affect all the students at the school. Even then, it has to go through many levels of approval.

      My students families are happy to give things for the art department such as recyclables which we use for lots of projects, and occasionally some other household item which they may have and don't have to go out a and purchase.

      I love the idea of doing something to benefit a charity, but this particular type of project would not work at my school.

      For those of you that can pull it of, I salute you and good luck!

      Shelly in Seattle