washable tempera

  • Larry Seiler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2011
      I've always been a fan of the powdered Crayola plastic lid jars.  I prefer mixing my own...but harder and harder to find.  Convenience of it coming in liquid form...well, inconvenient if and when the liquid goes bad or you wanted the paint thicker; the powder kept dry lasts forever.

      I like saving money from not having to buy watercolors...using the tempera instead.  Putting a bit of tempera mixed thicker (which liquid tempera then does not allow you to do) at the top of freezer wrap, shiny side up and taped down on a table...kids can use water and pull color down like a huge palette on the table.  Clean up a snap...wiping the shiny area clean...next class gets another use out of the freezer wrap palettes before perhaps they get tossed out.

      If I have to...I'll go with just the Atelier Chromacryl Student grade pump bottles...which cleans fairly easily...thinned works as watercolor.

      --
      artist's website- http://larryseiler.com
      my art blog- http://larryseiler.blogspot.com