Now Why did God Create Children?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2004
      (Matt is you read this - I need one Grandchild so I can do to him/her what
      Aunt Debbie did to you - LOL. It will be "pay back" -BEG).

      Why did God create children?....Run that by me again....(grin).

      So what if this isn't Art Ed related....It is way too funny to not
      share....Enjoy! I have seen it before but never forwarded it -
      so I am making up for that time. One of my Dollmaker friends sent
      this email to me - an oldie but goodie.

      WHY GOD CREATED CHILDREN (AND IN THE PROCESS, GRANDCHILDREN)

      To those of us who have children in our lives, whether they are our own,
      grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or students...here is something to make you
      chuckle.

      Whenever your children are out of control, you can take comfort from the
      thought that even God's omnipotence did not extend to His own children.
      After creating heaven and earth, God created Adam and Eve. And the first
      thing he said was "DON'T!"

      "Don't what?" Adam replied.

      "Don't eat the forbidden fruit." God said.

      "Forbidden fruit? We have forbidden fruit? Hey Eve...we have forbidden
      fruit!!!!!"

      "No Way!"

      "Yes way!"

      "Do NOT eat the fruit!" said God.

      "Why"

      "Because I am your Father and I said so!" God replied, wondering why He
      hadn't stopped creation after making the elephants. A few minutes later, God
      saw His children having an apple break and He was ticked!

      "Didn't I tell you not to eat the fruit?" God asked.

      "Uh huh," Adam replied.

      "Then why did you?" said the Father.

      "I don't know," said Eve.

      "She started it!" Adam said

      "Did not!"

      "Did too!"

      "DID NOT!"

      Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and Eve
      should have children of their own. Thus the pattern was set and it has never
      changed.

      BUT THERE IS REASSURANCE IN THE STORY!

      If you have persistently and lovingly tried to give children wisdom and they
      haven't taken it, don't be hard on yourself. If God had trouble raising
      children, what makes you think it would be a piece of cake for you?

      THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!

      1. You spend the first two years of their life teaching them to walk and
      talk. Then you spend the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

      2. Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children.

      3. Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young.

      4. Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word
      what you shouldn't have said.

      5. The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind yourself that
      there are children more awful than your own.

      6. We childproofed our homes, but they are still getting in.

      ADVICE FOR THE DAY: Be nice to your kids. They will choose your nursing home
      one day.

      AND FINALLY: IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF TENSION AND YOU GET A HEADACHE, DO WHAT IT
      SAYS ON THE ASPIRIN BOTTLE:

      "TAKE TWO ASPIRIN" AND "KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN"
      For all of you on Spring break ENJOY! REST! RELAX! HAVE FUN!
      My husband bought a new set of golf clubs with all the money I save by not
      coloring my hear anymore. That works for both of us. I decided a long time
      ago to stop when I hit 50. I just stopped a couple years early when the
      price shot up to $50.00 (cheap stuff didn't work anymore).

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources