curriculum

  • D Rickard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2011
       Hi, everyone!
      I am looking for a good art website where I can find art activities that are based on what a child should be able to do at various grade levels.  right now, I'm looking for 2nd and 3rd grade art, maybe even 4th/5th.  Can anyone recommend a good art site that is free?  thanks!
      Dawn
      Sometimes the best things in life only come after you have totally given up trying to make things happen yourself.  Let go and let God.
    • reens@semol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2011
        This is a great for el art lessons: http://www.deepspacesparkle.com/

        >  Hi, everyone!
        > I am looking for a good art website where I can find art activities that
        > are based on what a child should be able to do at various grade levels.
        > right now, I'm looking for 2nd and 3rd grade art, maybe even 4th/5th.  Can
        > anyone recommend a good art site that is free?  thanks!
        > Dawn
        > http://mdawnr.blogspot.com/
        > Sometimes the best things in life only come after you have totally given
        > up trying to make things happen yourself.  Let go and let God.
      • Kathleen Maledon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2011
          not the website, but remember hirsch's (sp) literacy books of
          what your child should know by each grade?  maybe those would help
          also your own scope and sequence should help.  k
          On Jul 15, 2011, at 4:43 AM, D Rickard wrote:

           Hi, everyone!
          I am looking for a good art website where I can find art activities that are based on what a child should be able to do at various grade levels.  right now, I'm looking for 2nd and 3rd grade art, maybe even 4th/5th.  Can anyone recommend a good art site that is free?  thanks!
          Dawn
          Sometimes the best things in life only come after you have totally given up trying to make things happen yourself.  Let go and let God.

        • pent19
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
            Here's our district standards and core curriculum this should help get you started...
            http://resources.oswego.org/cur/standards/
            Use the k-8 side, subject art, grade, and display core curriculum (or look at others). I use these to grade but they are huge help when developing curriculum. You can also look at other subject areas (ELA, Math) to see what students should know at each grade as well.

            I also use Mrs. Brown's art room for ideas-she has a BEAUTIFUL website http://www.mrsbrownart.com/
            Artsonia is great for ideas too!

            Michele NY