Re: Artrain

  • lindwoodwebtv
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
      Hi Pam,
      That is a GREAT opportunity for your students! I read the info about the exhibition and it sounds so interesting. I see the date in Houston is still to be decided. I hope I remember/see more info about it if/when they decide to send the train our way. Congratulations!
      Linda

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Pam" <pgstephens@n...> wrote:
      > Just a heads up for some of you folks whose rural towns are on or near a
      > railroad line. Artrain USA is starting its new exhibition this month. The
      > exhibition is Native Views: Influences of Modern Culture and promises to be
      > exceptional. The exhibition starts in Tempe after a preview in MN.
      >
      > If you want to check out the Artrain and exhibition, the website is
      > http://www.artrainusa.org/
      >
      > A list of cities for the three-year tour is on the site. A teacher guide is
      > listed on the site, but I have yet to be able to download it.
      >
      > Art education students in the NAU pre-service program will be acting as
      > education guides when the train stops in Flagstaff later this month. What a
      > wonderful opportunity for these undergraduates.
      >
      > My students and I will be trained April 21 and I will be able to share
      > exactly what the exhibition and tours will include.
      >
      > From rainy Sedona,
      > Pam
    • Pam
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
        Linda:

        I hope you get to see it as well. The train seems like a perfect
        opportunity for school kids to see some exceptional native American artwork.