Re: [art_education] opinion needed: include CD with new book?

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 7, 2011
      I might be able to have a cd with short "themes" of the most popular part of the song... but with full recordings on my website. Otherwise it will be hard to get 50 examples on one CD.
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      MaryAnn F. Kohl
      360 592 9201
      blog: maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog

      On Jul 7, 2011, at 12:38 PM, De Anna Michelle wrote:

       I totally agree with Ms. Lauren!!!

      Keep up the GOOD WORkS,

      DeAnna MIchelle
      Shreveport, LA

      "Be who you are and be that well."
      - Saint Francis de Sales -

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 7, 2011
        The advantage of having a CD included is that a CD is portable where as your computer is not.  Yes, there are transportable laptops but the availability of wifi is limited for a laptop to access the Internet.  I'm thinking if you are riding in the car or a bus (plane, train).  Also, music is not intended to be listened to over the Internet.  I just think some of the quality is compromised.  Why not offer two versions, one with a CD (a little more expensive) and one without a CD (the buyer does the leg work). if you are in a decision jam?

        Penny

        On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM, MARYANN KOHL <maryann@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Elizabeth Adams Marks
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 7, 2011
          I agree with Lauren that the book should include a CD.  I use CD's, iTunes and Pandora Radio in my classroom.

          Elizabeth Adams-Marks

          Art Education St. Louis, MO

          Handmade Paper from Plants

          Book Arts - Illustration

          adams-markse@...

          http://www.2ndhandpaper.blogspot.com/

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 7, 2011
              Hi. I think your effort to keep the cost down, enabling more people to benefit from it, is an important point. Why not state that in the book, and put together a playlist on iTunes that would go with your book?  This way they can find everything in one place on iTunes without having to purchase all the songs on a cd? This way they might pay extra only if they want to. There might even be a free database of these songs for music educators to download the music from....for free....as long as it is for educational purposes. For example, when I taught art history in a college, I was able to download images from an art history database for free, as long as they were being utilized in my classroom.

              Good luck:-)))))

              Lauren R. Perlman
              Founder/Director
              Mummies and Masterpieces

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 7, 2011
                I will have a free database on my website, and probably can get the iTunes thing going too.
                And then offer a CD as well.
                But I'll probably try to include one with the book... so many people seem to like that.