One Kiln For All ?

  • shinds227
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
      Dear Art Ed Friends,

      Is there one kiln that can be used for glass fusing,
      bottle slumping and Precious Metal Clay ?

      I have never worked in any of these areas, but would
      like to give them all a try.

      Thank you in advance for your help.

      Sharon
    • crasm@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
        yes--the pmc kiln can do all-except they are built for small pieces--9 inch cube-
        the kiln has commputerizd temperatures-so it is easy to get to the temperatures you need if you know them.

        sincerely,

        susan greenwald
      • LINDA KIELING
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2004
          Skutt makes a variety of wonderful glass kilns that will fire all
          three...check them out http://www.skutt.com

          Creatively, Linda

          Linda W. Kieling
          Art Educator
          OAEA Youth Art Month Chair
          Rosemont Ridge Middle School
          20001 Salamo Road
          West Linn, OR 97068
          503.673.7591
          503.657.8720 fax
          www.rrms.wlwv.k12.or.us/KielingL/Artindex.htm

          >>> shinds227@... 4/3/2004 5:14:50 AM >>>

          Dear Art Ed Friends,

          Is there one kiln that can be used for glass fusing,
          bottle slumping and Precious Metal Clay ?

          I have never worked in any of these areas, but would
          like to give them all a try.

          Thank you in advance for your help.

          Sharon

          Yahoo! Groups Links