RE: [art_education] white??

  • John Buchanan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004

      hi,

      this might answer your question: http://www.colormatters.com/bubdarc4g-bwg.html

      John D Buchanan

      http://artschoolsuccess.com

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Kelli Denne [mailto:kdenne14@...]
      Sent:
      Friday, April 02, 2004 5:32 PM
      To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [art_education] white??

      Can anyone tell me how to explain "white" to my kids??  They always want to include white into the color category but I don't know how to explain to them that it is not a color.  I tell them that it is the absence of color, but how else can I say it to get them to understand?  Thanks for any feedback.

      Kelli Wilke

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Carol E Campbell
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
        I had believed that according to the science of color theory, white
        light was all of the light rays combined.  A prism( or rain drops)
         helps our eyes to break up the light into the rainbow.

        ...Carol

        "Art like morality, begins by drawing the line somewhere."

        Can anyone tell me how to explain "white" to my kids??  They always want to include white into the color category but I don't know how to explain to them that it is not a color.  I tell them that it is the absence of color, but how else can I say it to get them to understand?  Thanks for any feedback.

        Kelli Wilke

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow Pages.