white??

  • Kelli Denne
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
      Can anyone tell me how to explain "white" to my kids??  They always want to include white into the color category but I don't know how to explain to them that it is not a color.  I tell them that it is the absence of color, but how else can I say it to get them to understand?  Thanks for any feedback.

      Kelli Wilke

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • John Buchanan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004

        hi,

        this might answer your question: http://www.colormatters.com/bubdarc4g-bwg.html

        John D Buchanan

        http://artschoolsuccess.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
          I had believed that according to the science of color theory, white
          light was all of the light rays combined.  A prism( or rain drops)
           helps our eyes to break up the light into the rainbow.

          ...Carol

          "Art like morality, begins by drawing the line somewhere."

          Can anyone tell me how to explain "white" to my kids??  They always want to include white into the color category but I don't know how to explain to them that it is not a color.  I tell them that it is the absence of color, but how else can I say it to get them to understand?  Thanks for any feedback.

          Kelli Wilke

          Do you Yahoo!?

          Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow Pages.